PDA

View Full Version : NC colour coding setting

slippyjim
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I play 9man SnG's so for my colour coding definitions should I untick the Heads Up & Six Max boxes and just leave the FR box ticked?

Or does the colour coding change as the table size changes from FR -> 6 max -> HU?
e.g. villian may be Rock 9-7 players, TAG 6-3 players & Loose Aggressive HU so his colour coding changes accordingly as the SnG progresses

Thanks

Catalyst_Kh
10-05-2014, 03:15 PM
You should make separate color coding for each size group.

slippyjim
10-06-2014, 05:00 AM
I dont understand what you mean......

Do you mean I need to create separate colour codings for
FR games
6 max games
HU games

or I need to create separate colour codings for the different periods of a FR SnG like I asked before
9-7 players in a 9 man SnG
6-3 players in a 9 man SnG
HU in a 9 man SnG

Does it differentiate between a HU game and the HU period in a 9 man SnG??

Catalyst_Kh
10-06-2014, 05:59 AM
I mean if you color code somebody with vpip more than 30 as obvious fish for 7-10, this color will not be accurate at 3-6 already, as many tight players will have this color when 3-4 max. And for HU it will be literally each player with this color, making it useless for HU. Thus you may color code with the same color for HU, using other vpip for "HU fish" and make other vpip for this color for 6-max as well.

And how do you propose to color code differently within 3-6 group? I don't know such way for auto colorcoding.

slippyjim
10-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I understand what you mean about Vpip changing as the number of players decreases, but I'm still a little confused as to what those tick boxes in the picture in my first post actually refer to

I ONLY play 9man SnG's so for my colour coding definitions should I untick the Heads Up & Six Max boxes and just leave the FR box ticked?

If I played HU SnG's would I create some new definitions and then just tick the Heads Up box?

If I had created some separate HU definitions and ticked the Heads Up box would it then use these definitions rather than the FR ones when I reached the HU part of a FR SnG?

Essentially, do those tick boxes purely refer to the starting size of the SnG?

sreticentv
10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Those refer to the amount of players in the hand. Player's VPIP/PFR increase as the amount of players decrease.

Catalyst_Kh
10-07-2014, 04:55 AM
When you play SnG 9 and advanced to 6 players, from now on 6-max rules of coloring will apply (6-max only), until you advance to HU, then HU rules.

But if, for example, green 9-max player will hit yellow color code for 6-max rules, would it change his color immediately or not? As i don't use colorcoding i don't know the answer, but you may just try it and see for yourself and change something later. Changing colorcoding rules on the fly doesn't requires any reprocessing of database or other inconveniences.

slippyjim
10-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Those refer to the amount of players in the hand. Player's VPIP/PFR increase as the amount of players decrease.

I understand that.....

How hard is it to get a direct answer to direct questions though!?!?!?

1) I ONLY play 9man SnG's so for my colour coding definitions should I untick the Heads Up & Six Max boxes and just leave the FR box ticked?

2) If I played HU SnG's would I create some new definitions and then just tick the Heads Up box?

3) If I had created some separate HU definitions and ticked the Heads Up box would it then use these definitions rather than the FR ones when I reached the HU part of a FR SnG?

4) Essentially, do those tick boxes purely refer to the starting size of the SnG?

5) Should I have different definitions for FR, 6max and HU eg "FR TAG" with only the FR box ticked, "6man TAG" with only the 6man box ticked and "HU TAG" with only the HU box ticked?

sreticentv
10-07-2014, 06:19 AM
1. yes, no
2. yes
3. it would look at both
4. already answered in post #6, no
5. yes

Catalyst_Kh
10-07-2014, 06:32 AM
How hard is it to get a direct answer to direct questions though!?!?!?
How hard is to read the answer, which was already written above?

1. You may or may not, depending at what you want to get in result. As you explained the results you want to get, i offered you supposedly better way. But should you choose this or any other way it is up to your taste only.

2. Are you really expecting us to guess or predict what you would or would not do, if something was different in your life? :)

3. It will. But if player is already marked with color for 6 or 9 from previous play, would it change color to your new HU color for him?

4. No.

5. That is default solution, but you shouldn't if you don't like it or have a better idea.

slippyjim
10-08-2014, 06:27 AM
I was confused before I asked the question, that is why I asked the questions, then after the answers i received I was even more confused because I felt the replies I got were far from clear.

Now reading everything back again it does all make a little more sense.

For someone just getting to grips with notecaddy there doesnt seem to be that much readily available info and what there is often isnt brilliant or upto date e.g. youtube video from 2011

slippyjim
10-08-2014, 06:27 AM