PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 issues

fsmlsd
03-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Table Ninja FT is acting all wierd on my new computer with Windows 7 64 bits. When I move the mouse cursor over a table, in order to set the default bet size, Table Ninja changes 2 or more times from one bet sizing to another. For example, I have the pre-flop bet sizing set as 3b+1bb per limper, if no one is in yet, Table Ninja will select 3.5bb, then change back to 3bb. This adds annoying delay that I can't get rid of.

Also, I used to be able to use the fold / quick fold button to click "Deal me in" if I'm sitting out, it no longer works.

Also, Table Ninja used to handle the buyin window as it came up when I just opened a table, it no longer does.

What could be the reason for these problems? I simply downloaded TN again after I bought this new computer, so I should have the latest version.

fsmlsd
03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't know how, but without changing anything, the first problem (the default bet setting) is fixed now. The other two problems still remain.

Fool
03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
It sounds like you may have disabled Aero or desktop composition but its hard to say without more information. Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNFTLog and TNFTConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinjaFT

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm). Please send the screen shot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

fsmlsd
03-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Hey,

I attached the files you asked for.

Today I was playing and the bet sizing problem returned. When it's changing from one bet size to another the mouse freezes, that takes about 1.5 seconds.

I don't see what I could have changed that made it fix itself before, or what could have changed to make it not work again, I simply opened and mp3 with winamp this time and it started having problems again, I restarted the computer but it was no help.

Fool
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
It looks like your desktop theme is set correctly. It sounds like it may be lag related. Try disabling UAC according to the following instructions:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/30/Turning+Off+UAC+(Windows+7)

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/29/Turning+Off+UAC+(Vista)

Then go to the start menu search and type "performance information and tools", without the quotes, and hit enter. In the new window that pops up click the adjust visual effects link. Choose custom and make sure everything is disabled except the following:

enable desktop composition
enable transparent glass
show thumbnails instead of icons
smooth edges of screen fonts
use visual styles on windows and buttons

FireUp
03-10-2011, 07:00 AM
oops wrong user

fsmlsd
03-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Disabing UAC solved it, thanks!!

The other two problems, one I solved by finding the TN FT config for handling buyin popups, and the other I simply chose to use the hotkeys for the left/middle/right button and so the left button hotkey now deals me back in when I'm sitting out.

fsmlsd
03-10-2011, 07:06 AM
wow, now the bet-sizing problem is back, I don't get this

I'll try lowering the windows settings, though that shouldn't be an issue since my computer has an i7 950 processor, 12gb ram and an ati radeon 6950 video card.

fsmlsd
03-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Ok, I restarted the computer after that and it started working again... But right away another wierd thing happened: The bet/raise/call/check buttons stopped working, and table ninja stopped setting default bet sizes, even the increase bet by small blind hotkeys stopped working, but the tables were selected and the click left/middle/right button kept working and so did the sit out hotkeys.

Then I restarted table ninja and it started working properly again. But right after that, I switched to 9-max from 6-max (I was playing 6-max just to check if it was working), and the HUD stats stopped being displayed. When I closed the HUD, FTP crashed. Then I reopened FTP and the HUD and played for about 30 minutes with no problems. I'll post again if more issues come up.