PDA

View Full Version : HM Version 1.0 - Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection

Urban Surfer
09-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I haven't used HM1 in a long time. Tried launching it and was getting an unable to connect error. So I uninstalled and reinstalled both the latest version of HM1 1.14.02 (tried both the initial install file and the update existing install) and postgres SQL 8.4. Now when I attempt to launch HM1 I am getting Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection. I click okay and then the postgres SQL window pops up. I try to connect and get the same exact error message.

I have uninstalled all antivirus/firewall software.
I have rebooted my computer.
I am running windows XP.

I know HM1 isn't officially supported any longer but would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Urban Surfer
09-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Meant to mention I've also attempted this which I saw in a similar thread but no go:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Urban Surfer
09-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Fixed it via these steps:

<hr> Logon using Local System Account:

1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools(Need to be using classic view in Windows Vista) / Services. The Services dialog will pop up.
2. Scroll toPostgreSQL Database Server. If it isn't started (as indicated in the status column) right click on itand choose Start. If it starts and then stops or was already started, follow the steps below:
3. Right click on PostgreSQL Database Sever and choose Properties. You should see the following dialog.
4. Click on the Log On tab. Copy the username in the This Account field and paste it into Notepad in case you need to use it again. Make sure you know your password as well.
5. Select Local System Account and then click Apply then OK.
6. Restart your PC and see if you still get the error.
7. If it does not fix it, please switch to logon as This Account and enter your username and password again and reboot and continue with the rest of the FAQ.

fozzy71
09-13-2014, 10:56 AM
I am sorry for the delay in reply. Now that we no longer support HM1 we don't check this sub-forum as often since the traffic has dropped significantly.

Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.