PDA

View Full Version : Order of note listing when clicking on badge - how to control?

tlukasha
09-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I have a badge which appears based on the values of 3 different note definitions. When the badge appears I can click on it and details of the individual notes appear.

How can I control in which order these notes appear in this drop down?

I want to ensure that one of them appears above the other (e.g. the flop note above the turn note, etc). I tried to use the Priority field on the Note Definition, but that did not seem to have any impact.

Thanks

sreticentv
09-12-2014, 01:04 PM
If setting priority isn't working then it's not possible. It seems to me you should be adding these notes to popups rather than badges if you expect to see them all the time in a certain order.

tlukasha
09-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Ok. Ye cant add them to the popups as I have far too many of them there already, too much clutter.

Being able to click on the badge to see the spark graphs for the notes that made the badge appear is really useful. Anyway, I will live with it as it is obviously, it would simply improve speed/useability to be able to sort them.

Thanks

sreticentv
09-12-2014, 06:33 PM
I think it's reasonable to expect the sorting to work in all places and I will take a look at this for the next release

kwolf
10-07-2014, 04:36 AM
+1 for that, i am trying to make different notes for each position poupup in a badge, having them in order would be great

pantik
10-07-2014, 01:51 PM
How can add notes be added to a badge pop up?

Catalyst_Kh
10-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Different definitions with the same badge does stack together with one picture of this badge.

pantik
10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
So simple. Thanks!

tlukasha
01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I think it's reasonable to expect the sorting to work in all places and I will take a look at this for the next release

Hi sreticentv, did you have a chance to look into this? It still does not seem to work. That is, the order of notes/spark graphs appearing when you click on a badge seems random to me.

Thanks

sreticentv
01-09-2015, 06:45 PM
See file->settings->note settings and make sure "priority" is at the top of the "sorting" section at the bottom

Grouping, sorting, and organizing notes - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Grouping-sorting-and-organizing-notes.ashx)

Also recall that sorting is high to low so 3 appears before 1

tlukasha
01-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Hi, yes, I confirmed that Priority is set at the top of the Sorting Section in Note Settings.

This continues not to work. Last time you suggested that you might look into it for the next release. I am sure you have more pressing enhancements lined up, but is possible to put this back on to the list at least?

Also, the sorting of notes in the popups based on priority does not work consistently either (for me anyway). I thought I added a separate thread for this yesterday, but can't find it now.

Essentially, I have set priority for notes and they do not consistently show up in the order based on priority at the bottom of the popups. By consistently, I mean, that for one set of notes in one popup it seems to work (6 notes appear in the right order as defined by priority, unlikely to be random luck), but in another popup with other notes, the priority ordering is not happening. Seems weird if no one else has this problem. Are there any other settings I could be missing here?

Thanks

shahrad
01-09-2015, 11:56 PM
A screenshot would be good.
I guess this is how they appear: When I have note A with 20, 15, 10 and note B with 19, 14, 9 priorities than it looks like:
A20
A15
A10
B19
B14
B9
Where I would expect to see:
A20
B19
A15
B14
A10
B9

tlukasha
01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Ok, will organize a screenshot, but what do you mean when saying 'Note A with 20,15,10'. I am missing something obviously, I thought you can only have one priority set for each definition..?