PDA

View Full Version : "Sorry but the Database Control Panel Application can not be found"

helixtris
09-09-2014, 09:03 AM
This has just started happening when I try to go to Database Management, and still the same having run ccleaner, flushed dns, defragged and rebooted, fwiw. Any ideas? Fresh install needed do you think?
Thanks.

fozzy71
09-11-2014, 11:22 AM
What part of ccleaner did you use? Their registry cleaner can cause a lot of problems and we do not recommend it. The Cleaner app is fine to use but not the Registry tool.

Try downloading the full setup file and install it over your current installation.

If you continue to have problems: Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

helixtris
09-11-2014, 01:55 PM
What part of ccleaner did you use? Their registry cleaner can cause a lot of problems and we do not recommend it. The Cleaner app is fine to use but not the Registry tool.

Try downloading the full setup file and install it over your current installation.

If you continue to have problems: Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Ya it's only the cleaner app that I use.

Just dled/ran the setup file and that seems to have healed it so fingers crossed.

Follow-up question I was just reminded of: Is there any way to find out my postgresql password? It's neither my default nor any default version I've been able to google. Not sure whether I'll ever need it as I can run db optimisation through the HEM client, but still, just curious.

fozzy71
09-11-2014, 02:13 PM
PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

You might also want to try svcPASS83 for a password if none of the above works.

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29

helixtris
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Much appreciated, thank you.