PDA

View Full Version : NC - Simple Raise 1st definition - avoiding 3bets being counted

tlukasha
09-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Hi,

Some time ago I created some Raise1st note definitions to check the frequency with which people RFI from each position. I just happened to renew them and I think I have found something that does not work. Could you confirm the best way to do this please?

My R1ST_MP definition for 6 max cash games for example:

has the Preflop General, Game Size (Minimium/Maximum) players dealt set to 5 and 6; and
has the Position in the Preflop General section set to Middle Position; and
the action sequence has a Raise Action for MP set and PlayerHadToBeNoteRecipient set.

Now, we want to avoid counting a scenario, in a 6 handed game, where UTG raises and MP re-raises as this is obviously not a RFI situation.

What is the best way to do this? I had created a 'NO_RAISE' action with PlayerHadToNotBeNoteRecipient checked, and the FOLD action ticked for the UTG position, but this surely does not work. It may well work for hands that are actually 6 handed, but it will not work correctly for the 5 handed hands. What is the best way to do this, i.e. ensure you don't end up counting the situations where MP 3bets rather than RFI?

Separetely, can I assume that the MP position designation will always be treated as 2 seats to the right of the button if the game size maximum is set to 5 or 6 handed?

strikerman
09-08-2014, 07:40 PM
about the change of positions when a table is not fully seated there are different discussions, i do not know the last point in these. it is changing.

your problem: tick on preflop general: "action had to be foldet to player pre flop", so there are no raises in front of him. also set the distance to BTN to 2 for MP position.

add in the action sequences: nolimp, "action had to NOT happen:call"
then add his RFI

tlukasha
09-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Thank you.

Re the change of positions when a table is not fully seated.......are you saying that the current implementation (whatever it is) is in the process of being changed? Could you point me to these discussions unless they happen to HM internal? Or maybe someone else could comment on this?

Is using the 'distance to button' functionality likely to be the best way forward rather than relying on 'position'. I would have thought it would be less flexible in certain situation where you for example you wanted to choose position EP,MP,CO, and SB. Not sure how that would work using 'distance to button'.

Appreciate your help.

strikerman
09-09-2014, 06:15 AM
It has been changed at a point and nc has to use the way HM2 uses i think, but read in the threads, there are several. I am playing FR and there it is a way bigger point. Therefor i simply use the distance from button to define the positions i am thinking about.

eg Have a look here:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/478592-5handed-tables-utg-mp-noting.html

you have always min max distance from button and the ticks for each position. in your case, which i never needed or used, i would say distance from BU is -1 to 3 and would tick all but BB and BU.

tlukasha
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the links Strikerman, this is a real problem, for me at least. Could someone from the NC team give an official recommendation as to how to progress here please?

I have 300 note definitions that all use the Game Size (3-6 players) settings and the positional check boxes. Throughout my definitions I am relying on MP being 2 seats to the right of the button (UTG being 3 seats to the right of the button) whether the game is 5 or 6 handed (in other words, my assumption was that the UTG position was not valid in a 5 handed 6 max game...bad assumption I realise now). This is clearly not working as I expected so I would need to go through and change a large number of definitions.

Is the recommended approach to use the min/max distance from button? I want to avoid creating duplicate definitions for a note, one of them handling the position 2 off the button in a 6 max game and the other handling the position 2 off the button in a game with 5 players seated.

sreticentv
09-09-2014, 05:25 PM
The positions should work exactly like HM2's for several versions now as there were many complaints when it was done correctly. Button - 2 in 5/6 max should be MP. If you see a hand where it's not please post it here.

tlukasha
09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
allright, sweet. Will do.