PDA

View Full Version : ONG: 5-max, positions messed up (e.g. CO->BTN)

Luckbox
12-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Hello,

I stumbled upon a bug yesterday when I was reviewing some of my hands. Strangely however the bug wasn't consistent, only some of the hands had this problem.
I play 5-max on ongame, Eurobet. I use version 1.07.

Example (this is what I get out of HM when I open the HH in text format, names edited out):

$100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em
Seat 3 is the button
Seat 1: EP ( $58.95 USD )
Seat 3: CO ( $90.50 USD ) <- HM tells me this is the button...
Seat 4: BTN ( $41.75 USD ) <- ...but he is not, this is!
Seat 7: SB ( $51.75 USD )
Seat 8: BB ( $128.20 USD )
SB posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
BB posts big blind [$1.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BB [ Ks 9s ]
EP folds
CO folds
BTN calls [$1.00 USD]
SB raises [$2.50 USD]
BB calls [$2.00 USD]
BTN calls [$2.00 USD]

So HM outs the button in the wrong seat (the real CO gets the button), thus messing up the replayer (and possibly many of the positional stats?!?) and the HH i open in HM.
Now, I haven't had time to find the "real" HH from the ongame db, but I have a hard time believing it would be wrong.

JUST NOTICED:

Although I win the hand, the HH does not register/show my opponents hand:
** Dealing River ** [ 3d ]
SB bets [$21.75 USD]
BB raises [$43.50 USD] <-OK. I rasie here, but since the SB shoves he is all-in and it doesn't matter.
BB shows [Ks, 9s ]
BB wins $125.25 USD from main pot
...the end, nothing more here.

Rvg72
12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi, you will probably find that the Dealer seat in the ongame DB is seat 3 - I know it seems really unlikely that they would get the button seat wrong sometimes but they do and sometimes it is even set to a seat where nobody is playing at! Please confirm but I'm pretty sure you will see that

Roy

Luckbox
12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Hmm, but who is wrong then? HM puts the button in seat 3, but the action in the hand says the button is in seat 4.
The "Seat 3 is the button" text is added by HM, original ongame hands don't have this row of text. So how could ongame get it wrong?

Also, what is your opinion on my second question?

Luckbox
12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
bump

Al1
01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

Rvg72
01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Hmm, but who is wrong then? HM puts the button in seat 3, but the action in the hand says the button is in seat 4.
The "Seat 3 is the button" text is added by HM, original ongame hands don't have this row of text. So how could ongame get it wrong?

Also, what is your opinion on my second question?

In the ongame database there is a column names "DealerPosition" which = button and you should see that this = 3 in the database for that hands... That is where I get this value

Roy

Luckbox
01-03-2009, 06:18 AM
In the ongame database there is a column names "DealerPosition" which = button and you should see that this = 3 in the database for that hands... That is where I get this value

Roy

I think we are misunderstanding each other... :rolleyes:
Yes. HM puts the button in seat 3, BUT THIS IS NOT RIGHT... the button is in fact in seat 4 = BUG!

morny
01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes but what Roy is saying is that the database (where HM writes the HH from) says Seat 4 is the button when it is in fact seat 3. HM takes the information from a column in the database and this is where the wrong info is coming from, this column is written to by Ongame. (when he said seat 3 i think he just got mixed up)

I know you might say how come the ongame session browser got it correct but this must get the information from the server because as an example if someone wins a hand and the villain dosent show, the mucked cards are not shown in the database however they are shown in the ongame browser. Were not just assuming this, Roy and Mike looked into this before where a similar issue happened and they noticed that the Ongame database had the positions mixed up.