PDA

View Full Version : Moving one database to another disk

masuronike
09-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi,

I have 128GB SSD disk, where I have few databases, but one of them (the biggest one with all of my hands/graph/stats) I would like to move to 3TB HDD and leave one database where I have actual hands and use it in game for stats in HUD on SSD. I don't need to have that one big database on SSD, but it takes a lot of space and I don't want to use HEM2.

Can anyone help me how to move one database to D disk? Thx!

Patvs
09-03-2014, 07:49 AM
See: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/MoveDatabaseToAnotherHardDriveOrPartition

BluffCaaLL
02-02-2015, 09:17 PM
HM2 database has two parts.

First it is folder from default Postgress folder C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\

Second ( DatabaseParentFolder?) which contains two folder "Players" and "Importing" and has hundreds of thousands files

Which part of database is better to have on faster SSD ? Am I right to think that it is better to have this folder with huge number of files on faster drive?

udbrky
02-03-2015, 12:17 AM
I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.

Patvs
02-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Both should be on the SSD.

Both (the PostgreSQL database, and the DatabaseParentFolder) result in 4K reads (reading small files to make up the HUD stats, Reports, graphs, etc.).

And the 4K read speeds will be much faster on a SSD vs a regular HDD.