PDA

View Full Version : definitions of hand value on flop, trips

Self Made
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Filters/Hand Values/Hand Value on Flop/Three of a Kind/Trips filters:

I understand the set ones, but not the trips ones.

High, second, and low trips, each with high and low kicker, are available. How can you have three trips? E.g. if the board is 994, you can have trips with a 9, that's it. And what kickers are high and low?

morny
12-18-2008, 06:02 PM
If you have 9A and he has 92 hes would be a high kicker and yours would be a low kicker, on a double paired board i can see having a high and low one for example but im not sure why there is 3 options so ill escalate to Roy

Self Made
12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Those are choices from "Hand Value on Flop," so there couldn't even be a double-paired board.

morny
12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Ah your correct, well wait to see what Roy says

Rvg72
12-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Filters/Hand Values/Hand Value on Flop/Three of a Kind/Trips filters:

I understand the set ones, but not the trips ones.

High, second, and low trips, each with high and low kicker, are available. How can you have three trips? E.g. if the board is 994, you can have trips with a 9, that's it. And what kickers are high and low?

On the flop if you have a 9 then you have high trips since 9 was the high card. If the flop was A99 then you would have second trips. If on the turn it was AK99 then you would have low trips since 9's are now the 3rd highest card on the board. Generally you will select all 3 of these but if you wanted to look at them separately you could.