PDA

View Full Version : vs player filter -> choosing an alias = no results

wiltontilt
08-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi, I would like to be able to do "vs player" filter against an alias so I could see my stats against against 2 different screen names simulatenously (but I know they are the same player). Currently, it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way to simulate this?

Thanks

edit: Actually alias vs alias is what I would want. Looking for a way to simulate this.

Patvs
08-24-2014, 06:42 PM
This is not possible.

We have a feature request ticket on this HM-4757. I've added your email address to the bug ticket.

...but the current status of the ticket is, it will not be fixed, as it can slow down the reports significantly.

kochpat
11-21-2014, 04:51 PM
I really want to have this as well! Can you tell us if this will be implemented in near future?

I would like to do some advanced analysis. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to do it? Like exporting all data to excel or so? I'd appreciate any help.

Patvs
11-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Current status still is this will NOT be fixed.

I still added your email address to the ticket.

--

kochpat
11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Hey Patvs,

thanks for your reply! I remember that you posted a workaround in your answer, but (dunno why) it disappeared. Can you please post it again!

Thank you!

fozzy71
11-24-2014, 02:25 PM
I believe you can create an alias with multiple villains and pick that alias in the reports then pick your hero's screen name in the vs player filter.

If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via PGAdmin or RangeMeister as explained here - Script to analyze population tendency on HEM - Heads Up SNG -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/heads-up-sng/script-analyze-population-tendency-hem-1212650/) - but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this.

kochpat
11-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Thank you fozzy!

I have already seen the tutorial in 2+2 - it is quite cool! Fyi, another way to create an alias with many players would be to create a script with winautomator (however it is probably a little bit more time consuming)!

In the report section in the vsplayer tab, only a limited amount of statistics are available. Is there any way to get more stats into the tap? Like Cbet sucess etc..? Or any other way to show this? That would be so cool!

fozzy71
11-24-2014, 06:32 PM
In the report section in the vsplayer tab, only a limited amount of statistics are available. Is there any way to get more stats into the tap? Like Cbet sucess etc..? Or any other way to show this? That would be so cool!

Are you referring to the Reports > Vs Player Report or the Opponents > Summaries? You can not edit/add stats to the latter but in the former you do it like you would any other Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/122/Reports+%7B47%7D+Tournaments+%7B47%7D+More+Reports #More Reports / Stakes

kochpat
11-25-2014, 07:01 AM
I was referring to the Reports -> VsPlayers.

For cash hands it does not seem to be possible to add more statistics! Attached you can find a screenshot! Is there any other way?

fozzy71
11-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Woops, my bad. You are 100% correct. I did not actually look at this report before replying and forgot this report was (it is the only one like this, I think) locked down.

kochpat
11-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the effort fozzy!

Do you know if there is any other way to see how I played vs. an alias or an alias vs. me? Somehow it must be possible :eek:

How about Holdem Manager 1?
Transforming an alias to a single player (somehow hacking the database)?
Faking that the cash hands are actually tournament hands?

fozzy71
11-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the effort fozzy!

Do you know if there is any other way to see how I played vs. an alias or an alias vs. me? Somehow it must be possible :eek:

How about Holdem Manager 1?
Transforming an alias to a single player (somehow hacking the database)?
Faking that the cash hands are actually tournament hands?

This is the only way I can think of:

I believe you can create an alias with multiple villains and pick that alias in the reports then pick your hero's screen name in the vs player filter.

If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via PGAdmin or RangeMeister as explained here - Script to analyze population tendency on HEM - Heads Up SNG -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/heads-up-sng/script-analyze-population-tendency-hem-1212650/) - but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this.

Did you try this and it didn't do what you wanted? It won't be 100% correct as it will show any hands the villain alias played that your hero was dealt into, and you can't filter for just hands the filtered vs player only vpip'd in, but you should be able to do some other creative filtering/sorting of the results by pot size for example to get down to where most of the hands involved your screen name vs the alias.

kochpat
11-25-2014, 06:10 PM
This is the only way I can think of:

Did you try this and it didn't do what you wanted? It won't be 100% correct as it will show any hands the villain alias played that your hero was dealt into, and you can't filter for just hands the filtered vs player only vpip'd in, but you should be able to do some other creative filtering/sorting of the results by pot size for example to get down to where most of the hands involved your screen name vs the alias.

Oh cool, I didn't know that I can filter against a certain filter. I must have overlooked it (probably because I am used to pokertracker ;))!!

This feature will get me started! Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

fozzy71
11-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Yes, I don't think they have a vs player filter. If you have any other questions let us know and we will try to help as best as we can. Not everything is completely possible to filter for but there are usually workarounds that can be done to get you closer to what you are trying to achieve for some of the more complex situations/actions you might want to review.