PDA

View Full Version : Pending task bug for new note definitions

GetEmailSupport
08-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey,

Pending task hasn't been creating all the new note definitions iv made. For example 6 of the last 12 notes i made did not show up in the hud. I analyzed the note definitions that did not work and it said there were no notes for that definition, but in the active tab in NC it shows the instances and opportunities.

sreticentv
08-23-2014, 10:40 AM
I tried to replicate this but was unable. Make sure you are using the latest version and are letting the tasks finish

GetEmailSupport
08-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes I am using the latest version and letting the task finish. Any other solutions?

strikerman
08-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately i dont hve a solution but me and a buddy are having the same error. Creating 10 new stats, letting them proceed and putting them into the HUD just gives a - result. stats were checked by test and seek and they all had results but in the HUD there is just an "-" for 8 of the 10 stats.
I did even make them inaktive and active again and let them proceed again. still no stats created. like written in the other thread i canīt delete them before processing them again because i am running out of RAM.

when i set up a new small test db they all do work though.

sreticentv
08-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Are you seeing a notecaddy_error log.txt in your hm2 roaming folders when you close HM2 after they don't appear? If the queries are failing then that file would give some insight.

Also, file->reset notes would be the workaround if this happens

strikerman
08-24-2014, 10:29 AM
There is a 1 KByte file with a single line written saying: 2014.08.24 14:44:56:4783 Exception loading definition from file C:\Users\Hero\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCa ddyDefinitions\(NC-PRO)SRP(PFR-OOP)CbetRiver-Board_Paired.n2d. Exception: Fehler im XML-Dokument (0,0). last: 1

but the document is dated at the moment i did start hm2, so i guess that was not what you are looking for.

tMHs
08-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi,

unfortunately I have the same problem. Hope you can fix this asap.

GetEmailSupport
08-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I know resetting notes does work to get around the issue, I have done this multiple times.

GetEmailSupport
08-27-2014, 04:27 PM
I believe the issue has something to do with 'Save New' in the note definition. For example if I make a note definition like Flop CBet IP save it, then open that note definition Flop CBet IP and change the note definition to OOP. When I make all the changes from Flop CBet IP to Flop CBet OOP then 'Save New', this is where I have been having problems. Notes are created for Flop CBet IP but not for Flop CBet OOP. Im not sure if everyone else is having the issue in the same place as I am.

sreticentv
08-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Thank you. I hadn't been using save new with my tests and I imagine you are right. This is the type of information I need and I appreciate you following up with it. I will test with that as soon as possible

pantik
08-28-2014, 06:53 AM
When i change some definition i get unexpected results. For example i filter some defintion by some position like Big Blind and after process the pending action the result does not change. Checking in "player notes" i get wrong results (same notes than before the change) and even the result of the notes does not match with the history displayed below. I think there is something wrong here.

strikerman
08-28-2014, 12:24 PM
It is very likely that this is the reason as i am creating most of my definitions with the save new function and no notes are appearing

nbenitus
08-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi!

I created a new note definition. NoteCaddy went through the database and created over 100 notes for that note.

However, when I try to analyse this note, NoteCaddy says that I can't analyze it since there are no notes for it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

NBenitus

sreticentv
08-28-2014, 03:11 PM
It's definitely related to save new. Thanks for the details. It will be fixed in Monday's release

pantik
08-28-2014, 07:05 PM
When i change some definition i get unexpected results. For example i filter some defintion by some position like Big Blind and after process the pending action the result does not change. Checking in "player notes" i get wrong results (same notes than before the change) and even the result of the notes does not match with the history displayed below. I think there is something wrong here. In my case, i did not use "save new", i already knew this command produces unexpected results since long time ago.

strikerman
08-29-2014, 10:51 AM
In my case, i did not use "save new", i already knew this command produces unexpected results since long time ago.

Thank you for sharing the known bug with the rest of us along time ago in order to solve it^^ And very helpful you are telling us that you already knew it^^

Regarding your problem: Maybe you should run not just one task but the 2 related tasks when you change a note: remove from db and create new notes.

pantik
08-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I was once told that i dont write so many posts... xD Really. Anyway I mentioned it in some thread. And yes, of course, i run the 2 related tasks.

sreticentv
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
I will try to replicate it and make a fix if applicable

nbenitus
09-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Hi sir,

Do you know when this bug will be fixed?

GetEmailSupport
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM
The update earlier in the week solved the issue for me

nbenitus
09-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Not for me, I still get definitions that create notes but can't be analyzed.

sreticentv
09-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Please try to provide some detail about what exact steps you're taking.

nbenitus
09-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Setup: Note definition "3Bet" has been previously created during the build with the "Save new" bug.

Steps:

1. Open the "3Bet" note definition.
2. Add a random character in the description so the note definition is marked as changed.
3. Save the change made to the "3Bet" note definition.
4. Run the Pending tasks that will remove all existing notes for the "3Bet" note definition and create new notes.
5. Once the notes are created, analyze the "3Bet" note definition.

Expected Results: The Analyse window is displayed, showing the notes and the recipients for the "3Bet" note definition.

Actual Results: While NoteCaddy states that over 1000 notes are created for the "3Bet" note definition, trying to analyze it results in the error message "Cannot analyze definition since there are no notes for it".

Notes: I tried creating a new note definition, but the same problem occurs.

pantik
09-06-2014, 12:40 PM
I still get sometimes duplicates notes when i modify some definition, and i have to reset full DB to resolve it.

strikerman
09-08-2014, 07:50 PM
notes for "save new" are still not created for me.

1. took an existing working Flop check/fold note as PFR and changed the name and decription to check/raise.
2. klicked save new.
3. went to the flop action sequences and changed the last notes recipient action from fold to raise.
4. saved the action
5. saved the note.
6. runned the process for pending tasks. Notes added is raising to 3,450.
7. put the stat in a popup and it just indicates "-"

i did rewrite the whole note from the ground with copy pasting the name and description (so 100% identical + an TEST behind it) and started from step 4. the stat shows correct values.

i did create a new stat check/call with the save new function with a "-" as result. when i click seek on the 3 stats (check/call, check/raise, check/fold) nc finds the same spots in the same hands with an opportunity in 2 and a success in 1 case. so it seems to work.

i made all 3 stats inactive and active again and let nc run the 6 pending tasks: the result was that all 3 notes worked.

it seems like nc is not saving any processed data if you simply click on save new. also when i reset the db the stats worked.

between the steps i did close the replayer window and restartet HM2 to avoid old values from th RAM. i also did a vacuum in nc.

I did then make the 3 stats inactive and active several times and did nc process the remove and create notes. by doing that and opening the same hand in the HM2 replayer to check the stats i noticed something strange:
Like you can see in the picture the values of the 3 stats were not fully deleted.

on the bottom screenshot you see the 3 stats in the beginning. i did then set them inactive and let nc remove them from db. then vacuum and HM2 restart. all stats in the popup showed "-"
then i set them active again and let them get created. when i open the popup to check them i can see that the old instances are still active and the new 9 once are added to the old values, like you can see on the upper part of the screenshots...is that meant that way?

sreticentv
09-08-2014, 08:12 PM
The next NC release will have increased logging for pending tasks. Unfortunately it cannot be released yet as I am unable to compile HM2 currently to do full testing. There are few changes so low risk if you want to try the NoteCaddy.lastest.zip to make a log

http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-sure-you-have-the-very-latest-NoteCaddy-build.ashx

How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx)

sreticentv
09-08-2014, 08:12 PM
The next NC release will have increased logging for pending tasks. Unfortunately it cannot be released yet as I am unable to compile HM2 currently to do full testing. There are few changes so low risk if you want to try the NoteCaddy.lastest.zip to make a log

How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-sure-you-have-the-very-latest-NoteCaddy-build.ashx)

How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx)

strikerman
09-08-2014, 10:01 PM
when i try to get the last build with the file in my HM2 folder i am getting an error saying unable to update: files that already exists can not be created.
when i download the file directly in your first link i am not able to unzip them in the HM2 folder i am getting an error from winrar saying the files can not be created as access is denied. i was trying it with admin rights.

please also have a look at my last post again as i added some information.

sreticentv
09-09-2014, 05:23 PM
The zip file is the only way to go for now. I am not sure why you're having problems with the zip but I know for several people it worked well. Perhaps make sure HM2 is closed via task manager and/or try using the standard windows unzip functionality.

I appreciate your detailed post. I will continue trying to replicate any further issues. The logging has also been greatly enhanced so that should also shed light if I receive them.

strikerman
09-12-2014, 09:30 AM
I was able to unpack it to a different folder and manually copy it into HM2 folder. I have no clue why windows and winrar said it would be impossible to unpack it directly...

With the nc latest version save new seems to work! Stats were created!
I planned to create a log for the steps i did provide 2 posts before this one but with the nc latest version i was not able to remove stats from the db when i set them inactive. It is a tiny test db with 20k hands and with the last verion it took 10-15 seconds for a stat to be removed. With this version i gave it 15 minutes and then stopped the process as it showed 5-10% processed.

nbenitus
09-18-2014, 01:32 AM
Dear sreticentv,

The latest manual build (08/09/14) still does not work for me (notes for note definitions are created, but can't be analyzed).

Is this supposed to be fixed?

Notes are the main reason why I use NoteCaddy and I can't see them ...

sreticentv
09-18-2014, 07:48 AM
You can see them if you reset
You can help by submitting a log as I had posted earlier

nbenitus
09-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Excellent, works now, thanks!