PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars HH import errors

ash0803
03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi

I've never had a problem with importing Pokerstars HH until this session. I am using 1.11.06b internal 1 so that the HUD works properly on the deep tables.

In today's session I noticed many hands were not getting imported. They were not showing at all in HEM. I would say about 30% of the hands.

Next I probably did something that probably wasn't so clever. I deleted all the hands from the session and then tried to reimport the hh's from the session. I copied all the hhs to a new folder. Some were from the pokerstars hh folder and some had already been archived. I tried to reimport these and got a load of duplicates and errors plus some that were successfully imported according the import screen.

I went to the sessions screen and it didn't show the session at all. And now no matter what I do I can't get the hands from the session to reappear.

I created a new database and they seemed to import ok. Please please help me put them into my old database. Its far too big and a hassle to start a new one. Any suggestions welcome.

Patvs
03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Run a vacuum/analyse + reindex in pgadminIII on your old database.
Do you get any error messages when you do that?

Which SQL version are you using?
If 8.4 (=8.4.1) update it to 8.4.7 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you'll have to reimport ALL the hands into a NEW database.

ash0803
03-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I am using version 8.4.6 at the moment.

I guess my main question is how to reimport hands after I deleted them from the sessions screen? When I try to import again they are recognised as duplicates and don't show up. Any clues? Thanks

ash0803
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
It seems there are a few people with this problem after searching around the forums.

I have moved the HH location and changed the filenames but they still can't be reimported. They keep showing up as duplicates. The ONLY way to reimport them is to manually go into the hh file and change the hh number then it would show up.

Please give me a SQL command that will properly remove the complete hand from the DB for a date range. I'm a bit confused as to why this problem has cropped up many times with no solution when obviously it is an issue with HEM not actually deleting the hands properly when it says it had.

If its any help I used the Delete all hands in list function after selecting "ALL" hh for that session. I also replicated the same problem in a brand new database.

Cheers

Patvs
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Create a new empty database (options--> database management)
Run a "import from folder" on your archive folder.

Don't change the HH numbers.

If you reimport your archive folder into a new database, it can't show duplicate hands, since no duplicate handhistories exist in your archive folder. (unless you also requested handhistories and your archive includes both original handhistories and requested handhistories from PokerStars??)

ash0803
03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Create a new empty database (options--> database management)
Run a "import from folder" on your archive folder.

Don't change the HH numbers.

If you reimport your archive folder into a new database, it can't show duplicate hands, since no duplicate handhistories exist in your archive folder. (unless you also requested handhistories and your archive includes both original handhistories and requested handhistories from PokerStars??)

I don't think you understood my point. I imported the hh into a new database and that was fine. I then proceeded to delete them and then reimport them again just to test the fact that the delete function doesn't work properly.

I understand creating a new db will solve my problems but I do not wish to do that for now as I have a lot of data on opponents that don't have hh anymore. I was just wondering how to reimport hands again.

Patvs
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
If you played them on PokerStars, you can email PokerStars since they can sent you the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.

If your database includes datamined/purchased handhistories, EXPORT all your hands (options--> database management-> connect--> EXPORT).

At some point with all these hands, try to fully re-create your old database, by reimporting them into a new database.

ash0803
03-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. I understand exactly what you're saying.

I guess my question is

"Is there a way to reimport hands that have been deleted back into a database without it saying it has been duplicated??"

If yes how, if no, I guess that's a bug

Cheers

Patvs
03-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes... that definitely should be possible.
By rightclicking the hands (in any HoldemManager tab)--> delete selected hands.

It will NOT work, if you purge the hands (options--> settings--> purge)

ash0803
03-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Ok, I've gone to the trouble creating a new db. Its gonna take another 27 hours or so even after running for 10 hrs already!!! lol

ANYWAY, it definitely does NOT work to reimport hands that have been deleted. I have tested that on my old and a new database. This doesn't affect me anymore as I know now to never do it again! But I guess it needs fixing as it doesn't work as you think it should.

Thanks

Patvs
03-05-2011, 05:06 PM
When your 27 hours of reimporting are finished.

Create a .backup of your database in pgadminIII.
Restoring a .backup file is 20x faster than reimporting the actual handhistories.