PDA

View Full Version : Virtual machine not registering as the same computer for the licensing.

Robultronic
08-21-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm using Virtualbox and have postgresql on the ubuntu side.

I have to "reset all profiles" every couple of VM boots as the licensing system thinks it is a new computer every time.

Any way to fix this?

udbrky
08-21-2014, 08:49 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having problems. This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-8312. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back in this forum http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

adrenalien
09-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi, some news about this issue?

udbrky
09-24-2014, 06:37 PM
We are still investigating this issue. I do not have an ETA.

adrenalien
07-17-2015, 09:06 AM
We are still investigating this issue.

For years?

fozzy71
07-17-2015, 11:17 AM
It is a very complex thing to try to solve and affects a low number of customers so the priority for this task isn't very high at this time. If it is affecting you please email us with a link to this thread and there are some things we can do to reduce how often it will affect you.

Not Excessive
07-17-2015, 11:26 PM
A path to investigate might be if the VMs are being cloned. This normally results in a new UUID for the virtual HD which both Microsoft and (I assume) HM could see as a hardware/platform change and thus trigger licensing routines. I seem to remember getting caught out like this when I first started using VBox many years ago.

udbrky
07-20-2015, 03:38 AM
There is an issue with the way Virtualbox handles it as well. We do not have an ETA for when it will be resolved.