PDA

View Full Version : FTP client freeze/disconnect, presumingly HEM related?

nitececil
03-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi,

During the last few days I have had my FTP client freeze during rush sessions.
Connectivity was my first guess, but they claim their servers are fine. I ran a traceroute for them, checked for viruses, disconnected the router etcetc, nothing so far has worked. After some minutes of play the Client will freeze again. Sometimes it just freezes and then it works after a few second, sometimes it will disconnect and the Client reconnects, sometimes it disconnects and it wont reconnect.
The reason I post this here is that when the FTP Client does freeze and I rightclick the HEM icon in my toolbar and close HEM, the FTP Client will shut down too and I get a FTP error message.
Because I am kind of running out of solutions, I hope someone here has experienced similar problems, because the problem might be related to HEM.

Thanks for help in advance

Sarek
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
have you tried to play in FTP without HM?
what happens?

nitececil
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
no problems then :eek:

hope that gives you a clue, that "blind" session was horrible ^^

Patvs
03-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Also turn off OCR and turn off live tracking for Full Tilt (hud options--> site options)

nitececil
03-04-2011, 09:11 AM
HEM is updated and the options have always been selected that way as well as the admin rights. Still no change. Its so weird, I just played an half an hour session without anything- everything went perfect and then out of nowhere, it freezes and starts disconnecting.

I use Win 7 ulti, Avira Antivir and no 3rd party firewall

nitececil
03-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I have just received a mail by FTP that they have had multiple complaints about connectivity issues since March 3rd (that apparantly have not been reported on their website). They are currently trying to solve the issue so for anyone who experiences similar issues, the problem is apparantly on FTPs side.

nitececil
03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Ok, they have told me all the problems on their side are solved, but I still experience the problem. So, its back to the beginning, where HEM has to be the issue. Admins?

fi$hN$hip$
03-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I have just received a mail by FTP that they have had multiple complaints about connectivity issues since March 3rd (that apparantly have not been reported on their website). They are currently trying to solve the issue so for anyone who experiences similar issues, the problem is apparantly on FTPs side.

can u please pm me this email? i have been going round and round with them over this. it was bad back in dec then got a lil better. mid feb to march terrible again. ftops and memtt updates imo

Patvs
03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
everything went perfect and then out of nowhere, it freezes and starts disconnecting.

Also add fulltiltpoker.exe to the exceptions list of the firewall + give it administrator privileges.

Which SQL version are you using? Update it to 8.4.7 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html