PDA

View Full Version : Note definitions are gone after NC update (update to 2.5.0.27)

tasasas
08-19-2014, 06:17 AM
So I got a popup at NC launch that theres an update, ran it and now all note definitions (except very few, like 15 or so) are gone.

They are still in HoldemManager/NoteCaddyDefinitions folder and when I try to import one it says "x is not a valid note definition".
I'm using edge and protools packages fwiw.

sreticentv
08-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Are these files 0kb in size? Are they N2d files? Could you attach one to this thread?

VKU
08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
the same problem for me definitions are gone and all Hud Settings-> NoteCaddu Popups notes also gone for each popup

Pall Mall
08-19-2014, 08:20 AM
the same problem for me definitions are gone and all Hud Settings-> NoteCaddu Popups notes also gone for each popup

Is it possoble to downgrade?! Cant belive this update!!!!

tasasas
08-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Are these files 0kb in size? Are they N2d files? Could you attach one to this thread?

n2d - yes, size - not sure, attach - no, I already deleted notes and reimported packages.
the only question I still have is should I run note creation now or wait till you fix this.......

sreticentv
08-19-2014, 09:14 AM
The fix is uploaded. Please auto update. You shouldn't have to re-import packs or anything. Just start HM2 with the new version and it should work as normal.

pitje
08-19-2014, 09:30 AM
ai, I just resetted all my notes. And it wouldn't import again. I hope this update will fix it. But still :( importing everyting again.

Also I had the problem 2 days before the update.

pitje
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I just patched the other update. And it doesnt start creating new notes again. Just says "gathering hand to be imported. Depending on your disk speed and database size this could take several minutes".

pitje
08-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Just restarted HM2 again. Now the caddyreport says: "the caddy report is populated once your entire database has been processed".

However I can't "run notecaddy". So I have no idea if it's processing anything. My computer doesn't sound seem to be computing more.

No after restarting again it still doesn't show importing any hands.

tasasas
08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
The fix is uploaded. Please auto update. You shouldn't have to re-import packs or anything. Just start HM2 with the new version and it should work as normal.

Cool, now all the stats that I imported from coaching packs after previous update (but before this one) are gone AGAIN. Plus, after resetting notes and trying to import coaching packs again I get attached error midway when importing ANY pack.152312

StonedShisha
08-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I just got a coaching package. It was recommended to use postgresql 9.0 or 8.4 but I had 9.3 at the time. I tried to import it anyway but it didnt seem to work when I was done with importing coachpackage and running the notecreations.
So I decided to fully delete everything and uninstall holdemmanager postgres and reinstall the 9.0 postgres.

I did so and started a completly new database. I just imported some hands to run a test. Then I go to the notecaddy department and I see that theres some definitions there that looks like default under the "active" tab. So I put everything under inactive both there and under the color definititions and I go to import coachingpackage. It starts the process with a few quick "unzipping" this and that and then just crash at the same spot every time. I get to the error reporting window and have sent a error report to you guys also. But just got a general reply back saying to check the standard stuff that I have already done. Like exceptions in firewall etc.. Everything worked fine before I reinstalled it (didnt try notecaddy at all before this though)

WHat can be wrong? If any mods want I can email the error report stuff to you also.

thanks

tasasas
08-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Get same error after last update.

sreticentv
08-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Please auto update to 2.5.0.26

My apologies for the multiple releases being needed to fix these issues. Please understand that there are many possible configurations and occasionally some things make it past testing. NoteCaddy continues to evolve using customer feedback in a way that no other poker software comes close to. When issues like this happen they are dealt with as fast as possible.

StonedShisha
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Please auto update to 2.5.0.26

My apologies for the multiple releases being needed to fix these issues. Please understand that there are many possible configurations and occasionally some things make it past testing. NoteCaddy continues to evolve using customer feedback in a way that no other poker software comes close to. When issues like this happen they are dealt with as fast as possible.

Confirmed working now. Great response.. Was expecting this to be a 4-5 day problem as these stuff normally is..
cheers m8

crackin
08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
not sure if this belongs in this thread, but after this update HM2 take an incredible time to load NC. Today it took me something unreal like 30 minutes before I could access NC / my HUD. A few hours ago you threw out another update, after that I thought the problem would be solved because I could close HM w/o any problems and NC would start quickly (within 10-15secs) as usual. Anyhow, I made the huge mistake of booting my computer and here I am again, waiting for notecaddy to start :/. I'm using AJA premium HUD, if that matters.

Mfc10cw
08-19-2014, 05:15 PM
No luck for me. I updated to 2.5.0.26 but all my custom notes are gone.

Mfc10cw
08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I had all of my custom notes backed up so I used that backup to get them all back in notecaddy. But now notecaddy is having to go through all of my hands again and recreate notes (this takes a very long time with my big database). Is there any way to backup the created notes when this is done in case I ever face this situation again?

johnny_litro
08-19-2014, 08:38 PM
I am using AJA Dynamic Package for NC.
After updating NC there were no stats in my HUD.
I reinstalled coaching package (defenitions were gone), updated to 2.5.0.26, made a reset of the NC notes, still no HUD.

sreticentv
08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
I had all of my custom notes backed up so I used that backup to get them all back in notecaddy. But now notecaddy is having to go through all of my hands again and recreate notes (this takes a very long time with my big database). Is there any way to backup the created notes when this is done in case I ever face this situation again?

Sorry but notes themselves cannot be backed up. This is something that should not happen again. There is very unlikely to be an update as big as 2.5 on the 2.x NoteCaddy version.

I am using AJA Dynamic Package for NC.
After updating NC there were no stats in my HUD.
I reinstalled coaching package (defenitions were gone), updated to 2.5.0.26, made a reset of the NC notes, still no HUD.

If you go to tools->player notes, are you seeing anything there?

SamFisher
08-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Version 2.5.0.26, did reset notes, the speed of import fell sharply to 29 hands/second, always been 100 +. Overnight does not load notes-working day lost. What can be done with a speed of import?

johnny_litro
08-20-2014, 05:16 AM

Yes, I am able to search for players and see different definitions for each player, mostly ticked definitions, some unticked (occurrences too low). Some players have badges...

sreticentv
08-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Version 2.5.0.26, did reset notes, the speed of import fell sharply to 29 hands/second, always been 100 +. Overnight does not load notes-working day lost. What can be done with a speed of import?

Please see NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy-speed-improvement.ashx)
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/494402-hm2-performance-tips.html

Yes, I am able to search for players and see different definitions for each player, mostly ticked definitions, some unticked (occurrences too low). Some players have badges...

It may just be a matter of restarting HM2 then so the notes that are cached for the HUD are cleared

johnny_litro
08-20-2014, 07:45 AM
It may just be a matter of restarting HM2 then so the notes that are cached for the HUD are cleared

That did not work.
I noticed the popups do have spark and scatter graphs, there is just no stats on the HUD or popups.
And only these stats do work:
NC raise total
NC call total
CB multiway flop
fold to CB multiway flop

Anything else I can try before reinstalling?

sreticentv
08-20-2014, 10:49 AM

That did not work.
I noticed the popups do have spark and scatter graphs, there is just no stats on the HUD or popups.
And only these stats do work:
NC raise total
NC call total
CB multiway flop
fold to CB multiway flop

Anything else I can try before reinstalling?

I think it is related to this http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/512472-nc-duplicate-note-definitions-back-nc-upgrade.html
Please update to 2.5.0.27 and restart. I think you may need to reset notes though, unfortunately.

johnny_litro
08-20-2014, 11:24 AM
NC is still creating notes but the HUD seems to work now.
Thank you for your help!