PDA

View Full Version : Tournament HUD-Stats: "Tourney M" versus "Tourney Adj BB"

kos
08-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

I'm setting up a Tournament HUD during my trial period.

In order to avoid having HUDs all over the tournament table I'm trying to keep the HUD as small as possible; I want to use either Tourney M or Tourney Adj BB, not both, to save some space.

While I am aware of how each of those stats are being calculated, I can't decide which one to use.
I guess I prefer Tourney M, because the result (especially prior to the Ante Phase of a tournament) looks more accessible, i.e. easier to comprehend, to me.

I'd love to hear some advanced players' or experts' opinion on this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I have read the thread Adjusted Big Blind - Poker Forums (http://www.cardschat.com/f57/adjusted-big-blind-194239/), but it doesn't really help me to decide.

Catalyst_Kh
08-28-2014, 04:36 AM
It is only a matter of your personal perception, nothing more. When you look at BB Adj at your HUD you can simply multiply it by 1.5 and get the M number in you head, or you may do the opposite if you have M number at your HUD. For example, i have only direct big blinds number with large font at separate HUD panel at my MTT HUD, because seen exact BB is more convenient for me in calculations of raises and reraises sizes. But when i want to know somebodys M or Adj BB i am using simple chart in my head, similar to that x1.5, or i can just look at the size of the pot before first player after BB put any money voluntarily to see what 1 M is right now. In case that i really get so tired i can't even calculate 2x2 i always have popups with everything.

So, pick what is more convenient for you.