PDA

View Full Version : hold'em seizing up/costing me money

hobokenPauli
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
hold 'em manager is costing me money.

when i've got the cash game/reports section up (in the back round to review hands) and playing several multi-tables. the mouse runs over certain sections and the useless information popup comes up and then gets clicked. what happens is hold'em seizes up my computer and nothing can be clicked for 1 minute or 2. just long enough for all my hands to be folded. this has nothing to do with the Hud, but rather with the pop-up on the main controller. (there's a little "i" on a otherwise empty bubble)

looking to disable this entirely useless function.

Gregster6
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't know if this is in any way related, but I am experiencing lock-up of the HEM application. My current support request thread is here:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5053

This has always happened from me (since starting with HEM in spring 08) and the only reason it has not been a show-stopper to date is that the HUD seems to keep running and updating. As long as I don't try and use the HEM application itself, the HUD just keeps on going.

I notice the lock-up after an hour or so of play when I attempt to use the application itself...let's say refreshing the session tab to see session profit. I can't say that this is what causes the lock-up but this is when I notice that it has happened.

When the HEM lock-up happens it seems to be touch-and-go whether the tables I am playing at will freeze as well. This is never for the "minute or two" you mention but rather for 20-30 seconds or so. Even this can feel like an eternity though and is certainly long enough to time-out or make me lose my cool.

I can't say I recall any problems with pop-ups once the application has siezed-up. I'll look out for that the next time I get the seize up (i.e. the next time the application or import is running for an hour or so).

Do you get an error message when the lock-up happens? Might help the team here if you'd post details.

GL

morny
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
hold 'em manager is costing me money.

when i've got the cash game/reports section up (in the back round to review hands) and playing several multi-tables. the mouse runs over certain sections and the useless information popup comes up and then gets clicked. what happens is hold'em seizes up my computer and nothing can be clicked for 1 minute or 2. just long enough for all my hands to be folded. this has nothing to do with the Hud, but rather with the pop-up on the main controller. (there's a little "i" on a otherwise empty bubble)

looking to disable this entirely useless function.

Please update to the newest version, i presume you have an older one since its been a long time since those bubbles were active and there would have been tons of improvements since so try this version and let me know if the problem persists. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe

Also you can try these steps to deal with lagging: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162