PDA

View Full Version : Concurrent Note Taking

drgenefish
08-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Is there any advantage to using the Concurrent Note Taking feature in notecaddy? Does it speed things up and if so by how much? (approximately)

I noticed that my hands per second was a little bit less but it didn't have those long pauses for note creations.

sreticentv
08-12-2014, 07:04 PM
It depends on so many factors that there's not a right answer here. System specifications and definition count make a big difference. A hard drive with better write speeds would probably benefit but then again you're already putting so much strain when using all cores that ultimately the CPU becomes a bottleneck which is unusual on a PC.

So the short answer is try different things and see what works best for you :)

strikerman
08-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I am trying to undertsand that and can not find information about it in the forum or wiki.

1. Does that function mean that a note is written into the DB directly after it is created?

2. If this is the case, without that function enabled nc would collect for example the notes of 2k hands and then write them into the DB? What if i have set nc to write the notes every 2k hands and after i was playing a session of 1,5k hands i am closing HM2? Does that mean the created notes are just in the memory and are gone? Does nc then realise these hands were not processed and no notes are created/written to the DB?

sreticentv
08-20-2014, 04:34 PM
It means that while it is saving to the database, it already grabs the next batch of hands. Turning that off means it will wait till everything is saved to start processing the new batch

strikerman
08-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Ah I see, thank you for the replay.
What about my other question, what hapens if the notes are not saved yet but HM2 closed before the save every x hands limit is reached?

sreticentv
08-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Whatever doesn't get saved gets processed again