PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

ComputerNoob
12-16-2008, 03:00 AM
I have followed FAQ ID #171 instructions and still end up with the same problem. After uninstalling my virus protection, turning off all firewalls, reinstalling PostgresSQL, I am still unable to get HEM 1.07 to run properly.

The furthest I've gotten to was this step:

Now hopefully if youve done everything correctly you should be able to start Holdem Manager successfully. After you get it running you can then reinstall your antiviruses/firewalls however if they continue to cause issues it may be adviseable to consider an alternative one.

This fix has proved successful for some people experiencing issues with PostgreSQL not starting.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools (Need to be using classic view in Vista) > Services:
This will show the following screen. Scroll to PostgreSQL Database Server as in the screenshot before and look in the status colum. If it isnt started right click and choose start. If it starts and then stops or was already started then follow the steps below:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
I would occasionally be able to connect to HEM, but that msg always pops up everytime I click on a different tab.

Please help!

ComputerNoob
12-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Not sure if this helps but,

The only way i can update HEM is when I start the PostgresSQL service. During that small window before it forcibly shuts down, I'm able to "refresh" HEM

morny
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
email me to do a teamviewer session when all your antiviruses etc are already uninstalled morny@holdemmanager.net.

ComputerNoob
12-18-2008, 01:33 AM
It seems the latest Vista update fixed everything. I may have to use this option if the problem arises. thx anyways