PDA

View Full Version : PostGres Install Issue

riverrun
12-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Bought HEM. Trying to install PostGres after I deleted the original trial HEM and PostGres from a few weeks ago.

It wont reinstall because the user is already been created.

http://www.pokertrainingguide.com/postgreserror.jpg

How do I get around this to create a user that I can use?

Al1
12-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi,

Try to reinstall postgreSQL like you did, but when you have to put an username, choose another thing than "postgres". For example: holdemmanager. You have to do that for every postgres you see.

riverrun
12-16-2008, 10:15 AM
This did not work, it gave me an error about the username not being able to map itself with the database or something along those lines.

ERROR:

Internal account lookup failure: No Mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

morny
12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Not sure to be honest, i googled the error and even the PostgreSQL team couldnt find a solution, well there reply was, havent a clue, its not our error, another reply mentioned something to do with permissions. Try googling the error and trying one of the suggestions

nicksof2
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Had the same problem and found a solution.

Just make an extra USER account in windows. Start>control panel>users

Install postgresSQL there and it wil work hopefully.

After that u can delete the account again i u want.

riverrun
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I created a new user account and tried again to no avail. Is there a different version of postgres I can install or a different one that is not one click install. I tried googleing for the answer but I didn't understand how to manually create a postgres user account??

Does HEM do refunds if I cant get this going?

morny
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Try this one http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.4/win32/

When you uninstall postgreSQL make sure to delete the postgreSQL folder and use a different username that you havent used already, did you google that error and try any of the solutions?

riverrun
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Boom...the new version worked.

I installed using a different unique username and changed the install directory to a new one.

Not sure if it was needed but I am glad it worked!

Thanks for your help.

Solved