PDA

View Full Version : My DB breaks down when importing from two locations

Karl
12-15-2008, 01:09 PM
In a previous thread, I was told that I could remote connect to the Postgres DB and run multiple instances on the the HEM DB. However, doing that seem to break the entire DB.

I had a massive import going on on one computer and then played on my laptop. Twice now the massive import starts reporting 100% error in importing. All of them this error:

ERROR: 25P02: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

Even if I restart the postgres service and close the other instance, I still cannot continue the import. It just instantly reports all hands as errors. The first time around, I created a new DB and tried again, and now exactly the same thing happens again.

So I ask again: Does HEM claim to support multiple instances connected to the same DB? If so, this needs to be resolved.

Rvg72
12-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Are both pc's running the same version of HM? If you have an older version running with a newer version then there could be problems like this

Roy

Karl
12-20-2008, 06:23 AM
One is 1.07.01 and one 1.07 I think. They are not identical, but both very recent.

morny
12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Please update them both to the exact same version and let us know if theres still a problem

Karl
01-12-2009, 03:29 AM
It is still a problem.

Extremely easy to reproduce. Just start two large imports to the same database and it will break. It is a 100% reproducible bug for me.

Rvg72
01-14-2009, 03:33 AM
ok, sorry about the issue. Some recent changes I made to increase performance for single users has created some issues with multi users on a single DB. I will work on correcting this

Roy

tuomas151
01-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Has there been any progress to fix this? Is there perhaps a way to temporarily fix this?

I'm using Ongame hand grabber 1.16 and Holdemmanager 1.08 beta 5 and PostgreSQL 8.3 on Vista 64bit

All the larger HH files fail to import with ERROR: 25P02: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

these files are no larger than 200kB

***EDIT***

Tried to import failed files to a new database and it worked. My main database was propably corrupted because I restored it from a backup.

Karl
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Is this bug fixed yet? Please let me know

almaplayera
11-09-2009, 02:20 AM
this has been almost a year. is this supposed to be working right now? i'm getting the same error using 1.09 final from two locations. importing works fine from either location, but when i start importing from a second location both imports fail.

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 03:18 AM
This is long before my time. I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
11-15-2009, 11:49 PM
this has been almost a year. is this supposed to be working right now? i'm getting the same error using 1.09 final from two locations. importing works fine from either location, but when i start importing from a second location both imports fail.

It's something we will look at again in a future build. We do currently have people doing this with as many as 30 or 40 copies connected to a networked DB so I am not sure why this consistently fails for you although I do know there are things we can change that will probably solve it for you. You should vote for better multi user DB support in the User Voice system

Roy

Bodom
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm interested on this bug fix too

netsrak
01-20-2010, 07:19 AM
You should vote for better multi user DB support in the User Voice system

Roy

Link in my signature