PDA

View Full Version : Last NC release works almost 3 times slower that 2.5.0.8 beta

sergebarber
08-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Ок, I'll try it here. Last NC release works about 3 times slower that 2.5.0.8 beta, maybe somewhat about how it worked before the whole story with beta-testing this release started. I switched from beta to release and back couple of times (last time just now: 84 hands per second with 2.5.0.8 vs. 29 hps with 2.5.0.17), and i'm pretty sure about it. I'm writing A LOT of new notes now, which means writing and testing notes and recalculation the whole database every night. But after release it's too slow, so i forced to stay with 2.5.0.8.

>>I'm not sure why you think this is a bug.

I don't think it's a bug and i don't think it isn't. All i know is that 2.5.0.8 beta works about 3 times faster than release and i'm asking why is it so. Maybe you did it deliberately, how should i know?

>>Wouldn't other people be reporting if it were 2.5x slower? Seems like something people would write posts about?

Seems like that guy with improper ways of data obtaining in the thread you've just closed tried to report about something similar. Or maybe not. Anyway, it is 2.5 slower on me.

>>The lack of this perhaps implies that it's something on your end?

Well, i don't mind totally, it just would be nice to know what, and considering identity of all conditions except product versions it's rather hard for me to figure it out. Any ideas?

>>I think you should experiment with settings to find what works best. File->settings->database settings.

I did it long time ago and I don't see anything new there.

HossendeHaai
08-02-2014, 12:57 PM
29 hps with 2.5.0.17

This means that you can process over 1kk notes overnight, which is most likely more than you've played lifetime.

But after release it's too slow, so i forced to stay with 2.5.0.8.

I can see how you're forced to have more patience, but how exactly are you forced to use .08? I'd strongly advice against it as .08 has several bugs that are fixed in the final release.

All i know is that 2.5.0.8 beta works about 3 times faster than release and i'm asking why is it so.

This could be because the bug-fixes hurt the speed. NC 2.5 is still quicker than NC 2.4 by any measure.

I can understand you'd like NoteCaddy to be quicker, everybody does. But my suggestion would be to accept it as is.

sergebarber
08-02-2014, 01:31 PM
This means that you can process over 1kk notes overnight, which is most likely more than you've played lifetime.

First, 60k hands per month means 1kk hands in 17 month. And i know guys who play per month twice as much. Second, it's just not the point. I'm not talking about how fast or slow NC is in general.

I can see how you're forced to have more patience, but how exactly are you forced to use .08?

By .17, obviously. It's a figure of speech, don't worry.

This could be because the bug-fixes hurt the speed

Well, if bug-fixes made NC three times slower, i think it's somewhat natural to ask if there will be fixes those fixes.

I can understand you'd like NoteCaddy to be quicker, everybody does. But my suggestion would be to accept it as is.

For now I'd rather accept .08 as is, but thank you for suggestion.