PDA

View Full Version : Player Hand Error: Connection establishment timeout

higher1871
12-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I keep getting this error and I can't find any way round this other than rebuilding my database. It seems to happen when a manual import doesn't complete cleanly - when I go to do another auto or manual import the error then occurs and I can't make any connection to the database at all so end up having to import/export all my hands which as I now seem to have do this once a week is taking up a lot of time. I get sent mined hands so do a fairly large import everyday (approx 200k hands) but having to export this and reimport is not really useful after a few days worth of imports

I've done a search and found a number of answers to do with firewalls/antivirus but I don't think that is relevant as I can create a new database and connect to that with no problems.

I am running XP with HEM 1.07.01.

higher1871
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I have found something that may be related in pgAdmin. At the moment I don't even have HEM running but I have two connections to my DB in Server Status of pgAdmin.

One of the connections has a Query Start timestamp and a TX start time stamp and a Query status of 'IDLE in transaction'. Also in the Locks tab there are about 20 entries all with exactly the same Start timestamp and all with a Query status of 'IDLE in transaction'.

I am not familiar with postgresql so am not sure what this is supposed to look like. Could this be the reason I can't make a new connection ?

higher1871
12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL - talking to myself here.

I've stopped and started the postgresql service and started another manual import and that has worked.

It looks like for some reason the previous import has hung so I couldn't make a second connection.

I guess it is more likely to be a postgresql issue than a HEM specific one. Are there any logs/data I can capture that might help get to the bottom of whats happening ? (I've got DB logging switched off at the moment - those files get huge)

morny
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Looks like the database is just getting locked, next time it happens try restarting the service again and if that dosent solve it let us know and well look into it further