PDA

View Full Version : Cloud vs HM2

SaynotoKlaus
07-31-2014, 08:47 AM
I red the advantages that Hm Cloud has , but what are the cons when compared to HM2?

Is HM Cloud made with tablets and other portable devices in mind?

fozzy71
07-31-2014, 02:43 PM
HM Cloud is still windows only in terms of the HUD client but we do have a MAC version we are private alpha testing with some customers on stars cash games.

The HM Cloud web site is being optimized for tablet viewing as well. We are still working on some issues in various OS's/Tablets but it will allow you to view your cloud database information that you played on your windows computer on tablets and/or different os's via the Chrome web browser. Right now we only recommend Chrome but we are working on optimizing it for other browsers as well.

In short, it allows you to review your database from almost any device that has a Chrome browser right now. It is not optimized for smart phones due to the very small screens but it will work on smart phones to some degree.

esanisa
09-23-2014, 02:45 AM
HM Cloud is still windows only in terms of the HUD client but we do have a MAC version we are private alpha testing with some customers on stars cash games.

The HM Cloud web site is being optimized for tablet viewing as well. We are still working on some issues in various OS's/Tablets but it will allow you to view your cloud database information that you played on your windows computer on tablets and/or different os's via the Chrome web browser. Right now we only recommend Chrome but we are working on optimizing it for other browsers as well.

In short, it allows you to review your database from almost any device that has a Chrome browser right now. It is not optimized for smart phones due to the very small screens but it will work on smart phones to some degree.

I'd like to try it but it cannot show some reports and filters like what HM2 do. Also, importing hands and time adjust is a pain. No notecaddy and its coaching pack is a pain too :(

fozzy71
09-24-2014, 08:22 AM
I'd like to try it but it cannot show some reports and filters like what HM2 do. Also, importing hands and time adjust is a pain. No notecaddy and its coaching pack is a pain too :(

It will never have all of the report/filter options that HM2 does but it does have some unique Tiles and Filters that HM2 does not also. It is meant to be a companion for HM2 and our vision for HM Cloud is to keep it as simple as possible while still making it useful for play/review for new players and those that move from machine to machine often. More can be read about this vision here - HM Cloud Support FAQs (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/home/?t=hm-cloud-support-faqs&c=1321)

What problems are you having with the importing of hands? Or is it just the missing Site Time Adjustment feature you are referring to when you mention importing hands issues? That is a planned post-beta feature but there is no ETA yet for when we will be out of beta.

NoteCaddy for HM Cloud is in private beta testing now but I am not sure if/when NC coaching packs will be included in HM Cloud - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/505922-notecaddy-cloud-beta-testers.html

esanisa
09-25-2014, 04:35 AM
It will never have all of the report/filter options that HM2 does but it does have some unique Tiles and Filters that HM2 does not also. It is meant to be a companion for HM2 and our vision for HM Cloud is to keep it as simple as possible while still making it useful for play/review for new players and those that move from machine to machine often. More can be read about this vision here - HM Cloud Support FAQs (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/home/?t=hm-cloud-support-faqs&c=1321)

What problems are you having with the importing of hands? Or is it just the missing Site Time Adjustment feature you are referring to when you mention importing hands issues? That is a planned post-beta feature but there is no ETA yet for when we will be out of beta.

NoteCaddy for HM Cloud is in private beta testing now but I am not sure if/when NC coaching packs will be included in HM Cloud - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/505922-notecaddy-cloud-beta-testers.html

FYI:
1. bulk importing is slow, If I have more than 1k HHs it's a pain.
2. custom popups I've made it into my language but it's not showing.
3. NC cloud is very good. Especially when I have about 1B more made definitions.

I would like to try it more if I am out of home or office.

fozzy71
09-25-2014, 08:43 AM
1 - Zipping the HH files will make it easier/faster to upload the files but the import speed is handled on our servers and there is nothing that can be done to speed that up on your end. It generally imports faster than HM1 but slower than HM2. This is not an issue for most people since you can still play and use the HUD while it is importing.

2 - If you have popups that are not importing to cloud properly please zip and send them to hmcloud@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

3 - NC Cloud does not support custom made definitions and I do not know if/when it will at this point.