PDA

View Full Version : Effective Stack Size

TierTier
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
This filter needs to be tweaked.

For instance, if I raise 3x middle position and it goes around to the SB, a short stacker, who 3bets me, and then I shove over the top, it is currently counting as an effective stack much bigger than his stack. I imagine it's looking at the people who could have bet but didn't between us at the time of my first raise. But, for AI analysis, this is clearly not correct.

The issue is if I have [AK,KK] it's clearly correct for me to shove on him regardless of how tight he is being that he's a short stacker.

I'm filtering for my AI PR with KK and getting a big negative. I want to filter out the situations with the short stacks because I KNOW those are profitable.

In other words, the question becomes, am I losing money by commiting a full BI PF with AK? (I don't mean anyone to try to answer that...too many variables and metagame issues and the problem is that even after a lifetime of playing poker my sample size may not grow enough such that my standard error gives me a statistically meaningful result.) What I am trying to do, is develop a comprehensive strategy that also takes into account metagame.

PS: No idea what prefix I was supposed to use here, but, it wouldn't let me post without selecting one.

morny
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that, was wondering why people were using that prefix and even changed it several times to be more descriptive:p

Yeah if someone is left to act then they override the effective stack but this is a known issue and is on the to do list