PDA

View Full Version : Canīt download postgresql

kenan83
12-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi!

Canīt download postgresql, only fet errors. I had it on my computer before but HM couldnīt connect to it, so i delitet it and now i canīt download it. I get this error:

C://User/me/appdata/location/temp could not be saved, beacuse an unknown error occurred.
Try saving to a different location.

Hlp pls, i cant chosse what location to save to, i never get that option :(

morny
12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
This is a Vista permissions problem, had it myself on another PC but didnt get around to fixing it so dont know the solution, try googling the error or post on a PC forum and someone should be able to help

kenan83
12-25-2008, 07:11 PM
I havent been able to find any answers to my problem :(

Anyone here that had same problem as me and have found a solution?

To morny:

Since I have paid for holdmemanager i think thats you should fix this problem, many user have vista...

morny
12-26-2008, 11:14 AM
This isnt a HM problem, its a problem with Vista and your PC not being able to download, i have the same issue with another PC that i dont use that often so i didnt figure out how to fix it, i just got around it by donwloading onto another PC and copying the installation file to a USB stick to get around the problem however we cant be expected to fix other problems that are unrelated to Holdem Manager but i can promise if i knew the answer id certainly tell you.

To find the solution post the error message on one of the many computer forums and they will be able to solve it for you, even if you never use HM this will effect many downloads so its something youll need to fix, im really sorry for the inconvenience and i know how much of a pain Vista can be, when you get it sorted if theres anything else i can help with just let me know

kenan83
12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
This isnt a HM problem, its a problem with Vista and your PC not being able to download, i have the same issue with another PC that i dont use that often so i didnt figure out how to fix it, i just got around it by donwloading onto another PC and copying the installation file to a USB stick to get around the problem however we cant be expected to fix other problems that are unrelated to Holdem Manager but i can promise if i knew the answer id certainly tell you.

To find the solution post the error message on one of the many computer forums and they will be able to solve it for you, even if you never use HM this will effect many downloads so its something youll need to fix, im really sorry for the inconvenience and i know how much of a pain Vista can be, when you get it sorted if theres anything else i can help with just let me know

Hi!

Ok I have installed postgresql now, so when i start HM i get this error:

HM couldnīt start a database, plz try again.

The port is right, i havent choose any username or password so that i didnīt changen.

Do you have any tips?

morny
12-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Can you post the exact error, this way i can search the forums and see if there was a similar problem

kenan83
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Can you post the exact error, this way i can search the forums and see if there was a similar problem

Ok, just to make sure that i didnīt mess up anywhere i re installed postgrsql.

This what I did.

please enter a password for the database superuser and service account (postgres). If the service account already exists in Windown, you must enter the current password for the account.

i chose xxxxxx as password (6 differend numbers i hope itīs fine).

port
Please select the port number the server should listen on.

Locale

Select the locale to be used by the new database cluste

Norway

Ready to installe.

So after the instalation i start HM.

First message says that it found some poker sited and it will need to add HH and create backup folder.

Seconde one says that i run microsoft vista and i need to disable user access control.

after that i get to the database coltrol panel where im shall connect to PoslgreSQL.

servername 127.0.0.1

poet number 5432

login name postgres
password postgrespass

Aboute the password and username, I havent hade the chanse to select then anywhere :S

And now i select connect:

A connection to PostgreSQL could bot be made. Would you like to have HM attempt to start the service. I select yes.

Sorry, HM was unable to start the service.

I select ok.

HM has started the service. Please try again.

I select ok and try again but i still get the same error over and over again...

morny
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=34