PDA

View Full Version : Make the min raise stat (2x) elastic

Alexnorge
07-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi

I've addressed this issue before, but feel I need to make another case for adding this feature.

As I'm sure you know the general min raise stat shows up in the hud when someone 2x. Today in SNGs many players add 2-3 chips to mess with this stat. Using Notecaddy you can easily have a pop up shoving a more relevant stat as you can set it to eg from 2.0 to 2.7x. The problem still is that in the hud it would take up to much space to have the nc stat available w/o using the pop up as you also need it filtered for # of players left, # of bbs etc.

It would be useful to be able to set what a min raise should be more elasticly so that it shows up more correctly in the hud itself, already filtered for # of players (through the: HUD filters tab) and # of bbs (through the: Tournament filters tab).

I'm sure it's not easy, but it's very necessary in todays competitive SNG environment where every edge counts. Being able to mess with the mr stat for HEM2 users is definitely a problem.

udbrky
07-17-2014, 09:36 PM
I think you're wanting to suggest adding a "small raise" category. A minraise is a minraise. You can't really change the definition of it. It is when you don't adjust the amount in the betbox and hit raise, or "click it back".

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.

Alexnorge
07-18-2014, 03:51 AM
I think you're wanting to suggest adding a "small raise" category. A minraise is a minraise. You can't really change the definition of it. It is when you don't adjust the amount in the betbox and hit raise, or "click it back".

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.

It would be ok if it was separated from the minraise stat, and calling it small raise would be fine too, but such a stat must be able to include a normal min raise so that you do not need both in the hud. So small raise, would be able to go from say 2-3x and be whatever you'd like. eg 2.0-2.1, or 2.0-2.4 or 2.2-2.9

This would be very good.

If there's ever a ticket on this, please add me to it.

I do understand your need to not overcrowd the software, just please take into account the current state of sngs and how players mess with the minraise stat in the hud.

Thank you for listening.

A

MrTynKyn
10-01-2014, 08:10 AM
I support this solicitude. Today sng no one raise exactly 2 BB.

What happened with the old open raise stat that covered all raise between 2 and infinite bb ?