PDA

View Full Version : Import error

wirec
03-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Hey guys

I am having some trouble with my HEM. When i try to import my HH's i get import error on every new one. I have used this HEM before and it has worked before. Since it suddenly didnt work i have tried to reinstall but it didnt work.
I play at Luckyacepoker (skin at 888.com) and here are some info:

- I have tried using auto detect on the folders to import from (it found two in the HEM dato folder)
- I've added the one where my client saves new HH to HEM (checked its the same!)
- I use VMware because of MAC, so the folder "link" is: \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\LuckyaceHH1 Could this me something wrong? Ive added it manually and chosen it from the menu, so i guess not.
- I have tried to only add the folder where my client saves the HH and not use the AUTO detect, but i still get all the files getting a import error.
- i have updated HEM

Any solutions?!

Greetings, Anders

Patvs
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Is your Windows using a European d/M/yyyy date formatting?
Can you change that to M/d/yyyy?

Which Windows version are you running via VMWare?
Which SQL version are you using? (Is SQL running from the Mac side or the Windows side?)

wirec
03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Is your Windows using a European d/M/yyyy date formatting?
Can you change that to M/d/yyyy?

Which Windows version are you running via VMWare?
Which SQL version are you using? (Is SQL running from the Mac side or the Windows side?)

I have updated.

I cant see about the time - its set as my timezone and shows the actual time and date. I actually think it is saying next time syncron 3/24/2011 which means it is M/d/yyyy

I am using the Windows Professional version

I am using SQL 8.4! I have installed the HEM on the windows platform, so i suppose that it is running from it.

As said in the thread - it has worked before, so changes to the windows shouldnt be the problem?

Thank you

Patvs
03-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Try to update SQL SQL to 8.4.7 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Also you have to disable time synching via the internet in Windows.
After that, restart your computer.

wirec
03-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Try to update SQL SQL to 8.4.7 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Also you have to disable time synching via the internet in Windows.
After that, restart your computer.

I updated the SQL, disabled the time synching, restarted windows, restarted OS X but when i try to import every han/file still gives an import error :(!

netsrak
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Are you using the vmware/win 7 888 client or do they have a native MAC client?

wirec
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Are you using the vmware/win 7 888 client or do they have a native MAC client?

I am using VM ware to start windows and play on my Luckyace client which i have downloaded from the windows internet. This means that it is a windows client (only one avaliable)

Patvs
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Create a new empty database (options--> database management) and reimport the handhistories.

If they still import as errors, can you attach one of the handhistories here (OR email a file to support@holdemmanager.com )

wirec
03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Create a new empty database (options--> database management) and reimport the handhistories.

If they still import as errors, can you attach one of the handhistories here (OR email a file to support@holdemmanager.com )

That wont ruin my old DB?

Patvs
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
You can have two (or more databases) side by side.
So creating a new database, won't affect your old database.

However, if the hands do import into the new database, I could conclude there is a corruption in your old database. So you'll have to reimport all the original handhistories (run a import from folder on your archive), and your notes etc into the new database, completely abandoning the old database.

wirec
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
You can have two (or more databases) side by side.
So creating a new database, won't affect your old database.

However, if the hands do import into the new database, I could conclude there is a corruption in your old database. So you'll have to reimport all the original handhistories (run a import from folder on your archive), and your notes etc into the new database, completely abandoning the old database.

When creating a new DB and using it as default. I can now import the hands and get no errors! Do i have to delete the new or can i keep it and just import the old hands from the archive to the new DB?

Patvs
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
You mean delete the "old"?

Reimport everything into the new database.
Keep the old one for the time being.

Make sure the NEW database has ALL your hands, notes, etc. (and you don't need ANYTHING anymore that's in the old database) Then delete it in pgadminIII.