PDA

View Full Version : touchscreen and caddyscatter

epi
07-12-2014, 08:15 PM
im currently using a touchscreen windows8 laptop, but the scatter graph only opens when u hover, which u cant do with a touchscreen. currently i have to right click the icon, open up line anaylsis and then close it, which will simulate a hover.

is there anyway i cud access the scatter with a click

udbrky
07-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I think you can set your laptop to use the hover. I've seen it on Android. This forum post has some tips:

Solved Hover feature (http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21204-hover-feature.html)

epi
07-12-2014, 10:53 PM
thanks for the help, but that whole thread is about deactivating hover. i want it on. or a way to access caddyscatter by clicking

sreticentv
07-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Sorry but at this time caddy scatter is only available via hovering. This is something that may need to be re-evaluated going forward. Keep in mind that caddy scatter can be added to individual notes in the 2.5 version and you may find this to be a better solution than just looking at the overall scatter.

epi
07-15-2014, 10:31 PM
how do i add it to a note like u said?

udbrky
07-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Please see this FAQ (http://wiki.assaultware.com/CaddyScatter.ashx)

NotecaddyEdge
07-15-2014, 10:55 PM
In NoteCaddy 2.5 you can add it to a regular note definition as well. http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/471062-notecaddy-2-5-beta-we-did-all-glory-love.html. If you install this version and reset your notes you should see an option in the note definition in the HUD Options tab to use CaddyScatter.

epi
07-16-2014, 03:25 AM
ye, thanks, im carefully making them now. altho an overall scatter for all streets is still preferable for small sample sizes

epi
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
also, is it possible to create a scatter for calling and checking actions with strength vs bet size called? that wud be nice when determining how much someone is will to call

Catalyst_Kh
07-16-2014, 11:29 PM
ye, thanks, im carefully making them now. altho an overall scatter for all streets is still preferable for small sample sizes
You may recreate general betting scatter for each street, and it will be accessed with a click then, instead of hovering. For example, one popup with 3 betting graphs for flop, turn and river, and other popup with 3 raising graphs. Not as convenient as one mixed scatter graph, but still well informative and without the need of hovering.

also, is it possible to create a scatter for calling and checking actions with strength vs bet size called? that wud be nice when determining how much someone is will to call
The spark graphs are quite useful for that. You also may dissect spark graphs by different bet sizes, which were called, or different situations, which were checked. The packs of those graphs one above each other in each popup gives the global picture quite well and fast, if you stack them in proper order (which is convenient for you).

I also like combinations of definitions with opportunities by range to show the estimation of what an opponent is generally willing or not willing to call, judging by how often he had this or that after he called before. This can also be devided by different bet sizes, which were called.

epi
07-17-2014, 12:19 AM
yes yes, especially the part about the spark graphs. i was thinking of making one for 0-30% bets, 30-40% etc. i think its reli usefult for ssizing river bets as 100% of river calls will be recorded with hole cards, unlike river bets which cud lead to a fold and unknown cards. although, sample size is defo a problem with such detailed notes

epi
07-19-2014, 09:03 AM
You may recreate general betting scatter for each street, and it will be accessed with a click then, instead of hovering. For example, one popup with 3 betting graphs for flop, turn and river, and other popup with 3 raising graphs. Not as convenient as one mixed scatter graph, but still well informative and without the need of hovering.

The spark graphs are quite useful for that. You also may dissect spark graphs by different bet sizes, which were called, or different situations, which were checked. The packs of those graphs one above each other in each popup gives the global picture quite well and fast, if you stack them in proper order (which is convenient for you).

I also like combinations of definitions with opportunities by range to show the estimation of what an opponent is generally willing or not willing to call, judging by how often he had this or that after he called before. This can also be devided by different bet sizes, which were called.

man, ive been racking my brains out with trying to write definitions with different bet sizes folded. i cant decide on ranges. for instance if i write a definition of fold to cbet of 50%-60%, i cant be sure that the player is actually calling a bunch of 50-55 bets and only folding to 55-60. i cud narrow the ranges, but that wud require a super duper amount of sample size. also, so many note definitions wud be taxing on cpu.

i think the solution is yet another graph. a bar graph of %of pot bet on the x-axis and %of times folded displayed as bars.

epi
07-19-2014, 09:04 AM
btw, have u actually done this? can u share ur hud/note definitions?

Catalyst_Kh
07-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Call me in skype, nickname is the same, or post your email, if skype is not convenient for you.

polishukdenis
07-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Guys, how much safe is it to install this new notecaddy 2.5? Is it possible that I will be unable to use it at all for some reason? Or just some small bugs may appear?

When do you plan alpha release?

fozzy71
07-21-2014, 09:46 AM
It has been in what we would consider alpha testing with customers for a few months now. It was just released into the public beta feed today so we can find any remaining minor bugs and get them resolved before an official release in hopefully the next 1 - 2 weeks if all goes well. It should be quite stable at this point.