PDA

View Full Version : HUD shows wrong values for VPIP and PFR

OK Now
12-13-2008, 06:08 PM
My HUD shows wrong values for VPIP and PFR. If I hover the cursor over the HUD it looks like this (it's a test layout with only VPIP and PFR, but the standard layout shows the same thing).

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3150/wrongyu7.jpg

However, if I click the HUD it looks like this.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2016/rightuw9.jpg

HEM shows 42.6% and 38.3% for VPIP and PFR over 94 hands in this session, just like the second picture.

Any idea why they are different? I don't recall having this problem in 1.06. This is with 1.07.01

Mike chops
12-19-2008, 05:01 PM
It looks as if the problem is because of pots where everyone folds to the big blind. These aren't counted as hands for VPIP.BB purposes because the big blind didnt have a chance to "voluntarily put $ in the pot". However when looking at totals one of the stats does include them.

You won't see much difference apart from HU games. And in HU games VPIP isn't all that useful anyway - I'd look for raise first and call open %.

OK Now
12-19-2008, 08:30 PM
So will this bug get fixed any time soon?

I like having accurate stats even when playing HU, and the VPIP and PFR stats can be as much as 10-15% too high, which is pretty annoying.

Mike chops
12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I guess it will get looked at but it's not a very high priority because:-

a) Only HU tables are affected.

b) VPIP and PFR are pretty lame stats to use HU, when you have much better ones like Raise 1st and cold call.

plouf
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
duplicate

plouf
02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I am an HU player, always using the HUD and multitabling up to 6 tables, relying a lot on it.

I think that this bug probably costed me 4-8k by making me keep playing few70/55 "maniac fish" which i would have quited earlier...

This is not a joke, my worst session in january was against this 67/42 fish, who was in fact 51/32, for -1.8k, i dont say that i would have won without the bug, but i am 100% confident that i would have cut my loss earlier ("i cant quit someone with so fishy vpip/pfr" being part of my reasoning).

I understand Mike arguments, but as an user with his habits i would appreciate to have this bug moved higher in the "todo list".

P.S: I am convinced that many other hu players are losing huge amounts of money this way, despite them not being able to identify the problem and to report it :)

Al1
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, I'm happy to say that Roy as fixed this issue in beta16.

Almost only HeadsUp player are affected.

The right VPIP/PFR was the one in the HUD.
Here was the issue. When SB folded, this hand was accounted for the BB for the calculation of the VPIP and PFR, in this case, VPIP BB was 0%, of course this isn't correct because we don't know if BB wanna put money in the pot with his hand, he doesn't have the opportunity to act.

Ex:
Hand 1: Player 1 folds, Player 2 takes blinds
Hand 2: Player 2 raises, Player 1 folds
Hand 3: Player 1 raises, Player 2 folds

Correct:
Player 2 has 2 opportunities to put money in the money and he do it one time => VPIP 50% (1 time in 2)

Wrong:
The error was that the Hand 1 for player 2 was accounted like an opportunity in the Manager => VPIP 33% (1 time in 3)

Something important to precise is that I have tested how PT3 calculate the VPIP/PFR in case where it's folded to the BB, and it accounts it with the "wrong" way.

Thus, it seems that you have to make HEM your new standart for VPIP/PFR calculation.