PDA

View Full Version : You hand replayer - the good and the bad and the just plain FUGLY

omaha
07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a couple of likes and dislikes with your hand replayer

I like how it shows up pfr/vpip stats, this is unreal

Is it possible to rezise the boxes? they are hideously tiny! Using a magnifier to examine these stats will be -ev for my eyesight.

Also, can i color code them? I use green for fishy stats, yellow for average, red for taggish. THis works really well, as just by glancing at the table, you KNOW what sort of poker you need to be playing

Speaking of colors, is there any chance i could have some yellow spades please? Small request, but i would love it!

Unfortunatly, i cant use your replayer at all, because of my screen size! I have four monitors, all set at 800 by 600, which basically gets the tables max size. I am unable to resize the replayer, and the replayer pops up in a HUUUUUUUge space that is over some space of all four of my monitors!

And the just plain FUGLY is how badly designed it currently is to use.

i) I cant resize it at all, and cant really use it at 800 by 600 res. I dont wish to change, as i have four monitors
ii) It autoplays, which is sometimes good, usually very bad. I would prefer the option of autoplaying, or the 'one click advances each step' like pt3. This is much better than pt2 and hm
iii) No buttons to go to pf, flop, turn, river!!!!! WTF?
iv) How do i post my hands in 2+2? in pt3 i get the text. Even better would be a button that just copies the text so we can past it. Even more brilliant would be something that hasalready converted the card into 2+2 format!!!!!!!!!!
It would be very good if you could make it able to be resized (with the size AND the position where i put it saved), and make me able to color code stats, and resize the fonts!
v) having a % equity in pot (when all hole cards are known) would be excellent. Even if it was approximate, it would be brilliant

I think that if someone was to ask me 'what should i buy, pt3 or hm?', in its current form, i would lean towards pt3, even though its not as good as yours, it is much more user friendly and significantly pretty and sexier looking!.

If you implemented what i have suggested in this, and my other whingy post about your graphs, I would clearly suggest your software, as i think it is much better overall (but the things that annoy me REALLY annoy me! Thankfully, from your point of view, they, the cosmetic things are easist to fix!).

And when we get the rest of the articles, with the automatically stat searching filters, i dont think that there will be any comparison. PTs problem was that it was soooo advanced, but there was no manual for it that was any good, and even then, people didnt know WHAT they were looking for. When you have finished, i think that you will have a massive edge on pt3 and pev (at least until they come up with very similar competing ideas!)

morny
07-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok thanks for all the suggestions, at the time people were asking for a replayer but there was alot of development going on so Roy only had time to put the bare bones in place, when other higher priority jobs are finished Roy will be coming back to this to make lots of improvements.

daiquiri
08-01-2008, 05:00 AM
The replayer certainly sucks at the moment however at least you can customize the looks (including that of the cards) if you are familiar with PS or anything similar.
Here's what mine looks like:
http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=replayerjs7.jpg
I'm using it more happily now, makes it SOMEWHAT LESS PAINFUL TO USE before a decent version arrives.

morny
08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice how can i get that setup?

daiquiri
08-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Nice how can i get that setup?

well you can replace the image files in your holdem manager\replayer skin\default skin directory. this way you can make the replayer look whatever you want.
if you'd like these specific image files pm me and I'll send them to you. The table itself was created by a stoxpoker member though, to be used for Fulltilt/PS tables. I may have to ask him if I can share it.. The background behind the table is a simple PS gradient which I made myself, and I also modified the colors/tones of the deck a little bit, and the "bubbles" behind the player screennames.

kidpokeher
08-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Speaking of colors, is there any chance i could have some yellow spades please? Small request, but i would love it!

If you do any changes to the suit colors in the future, please make it optional so you'll still have grey/black spades for those of us that prefer the default.

Nice layout daiquiri.

melles
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Please hurry up and get the replayer so we can at least use it play, stop, next, last hand buttons and pot odds.
Having a replayer on a program like this is a must in my eyes.

daiquiri
08-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Please hurry up and get the replayer so we can at least use it play, stop, next, last hand buttons and pot odds.
Having a replayer on a program like this is a must in my eyes.

these ones are working..

melles
08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
these ones are working..

Where do you see a next hand and previus hand buttons? and where do you see a potodds table?
Cant we get an answer here when the replayer will be updated next time next month next year?

morny
08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
See my reply in the other post

daiquiri
08-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Where do you see a next hand and previus hand buttons? and where do you see a potodds table?
Cant we get an answer here when the replayer will be updated next time next month next year?
they are there.. they are grayed out until you load more than one hand. once you load 2 or more, they are functional.

gothamcoach
08-06-2008, 09:18 PM
It would be nice to have flop, turn, and river buttons to stop the action at each street. And to be able to advance the replayer one action at a time would be sweet.

daiquiri
08-07-2008, 05:10 AM
to be able to advance the replayer one action at a time would be sweet.
you can do that, pause the action and then click on the right arrow you will go ahead one action at a time

KittyLiquor
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
When I pop up a players pop-up stats, the players cards and/or bets disappear. Makes it hard to analyse the action when you forget their bet size.

I use the auto-mode, wait until the villian bets/raises me on the flop or turn. I then stop the action to think about my decision. The villian's name AND HIS REMAINING stack size are replaced by the word "raise." Please leave his remaining stack size on screen.

---------------Kitty

edit: It would be nice to see the pot size also.

morny
10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Just bumping to let ye know that Mike has completed the replayer upgrade

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmU....06.04beta.exe

KittyLiquor
10-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Just bumping to let ye know that Mike has completed the replayer upgrade

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmU....06.04beta.exe

Corrected Link (http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe)

morny
10-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks Kitty

fnuno
10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Morny, nice improvement on the replayer;

i just wanted to add a functionality to the replayer that should be pretty simple, which is the ability to take notes on the hands;

ex: today i play a hu match with someone, i make a quick hand review after the match and maybe some other day im reviewing more thoroughly if i have the notes taken right after the match with doubts/percieved ranges for opponent/diff lines/whatever it will make it easier to remember what was going on. Also its something PT2 already had. Player notes on the hud help but it just can't hold a ton of information, so hand specific stuff shouldnt be there.

thanks for the great software btw

* i just realized this was asked on previous thread multiple times, i wouldnt ask again if i knew but i will leave it anyway. Check this, http://todoist.uservoice.com/ . Its easier to get feedback from members on what features/improvements should be up on todolist.