PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Configuration

ne0bis
12-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I deleted one of my config, thinking it was an old one and in fact it was the one i was using in my HUD. Im speaking about the HUD config u can access via player preferences in the HUD options menu. is there any way to retreive it? Thanks

Al1
12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I deleted one of my config, thinking it was an old one and in fact it was the one i was using in my HUD. Im speaking about the HUD config u can access via player preferences in the HUD options menu. is there any way to retreive it? Thanks

What have you deleted exactly?

ne0bis
12-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I have different configs. The default one is called default and i made some new ones called X Y ( In the menu Choose your configuration:Default/X/Y) I deleted Y for example ;)

Al1
12-13-2008, 03:11 PM
I have different configs. The default one is called default and i made some new ones called X Y ( In the menu Choose your configuration:Default/X/Y) I deleted Y for example ;)

K. I presume you have clear the Trash out... If not, your file is here.

Otherwise, you can try to find it even if you have clear the Trash out with this nice soft: http://www.recuva.com/

Finally, you can restore your Windows to an anterior date, try to find the file, copy it and undo the windows restauration.

Works?

ne0bis
12-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I dont think my x config is like a file itself. The x config is countain in the prefs or whatever file contain all the configurations.. ISnt? Anyway its not in my trash... Ill try to restore my windows ill let you know Thanks

Al1
12-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I dont think my x config is like a file itself. The x config is countain in the prefs or whatever file contain all the configurations.. ISnt? Anyway its not in my trash... Ill try to restore my windows ill let you know Thanks

Ho yeha sorry. I thought you had deleted the prefs.xml file.

Actually, you can't use the Trash or Recuva trick. But the windows resauration is ok. Just try to find an old "Config" folder, especially an old prefs.xml file.

ne0bis
12-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Doesnt work :s If i didnt save my pref files previously no way to recover it i guess?

morny
12-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Not if all those solutions didnt work although there are some file recovery programs available if its that important try googling and trying out some of those