PDA

View Full Version : Notes not showing

kdash
06-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Hello,

I have a recurrent issue of notes not showing in the HUD/pop ups on the players (even for players I have a big sample on).
I thought this could come from my low space on hard drive. But I changed it for a 1To SSD with 900 Go of free space and I still face the same issue.
I am using HEM 8117 and note caddy 2.5.0.8
I am using postgres 9.0
My computer is: processor i7, 32Go RAM, SSD 1To.
So basically to describe you the issue the best I can : when I turn my computer on in the morning and start playing : for the first 30 minutes I can’t play because HEM is lagging every time I try to open a pop up. So I have to wait, sometimes close and reopen HEM, sometimes reboot the computer. After a while (~30-60 minutes) HEM isn’t lagging anymore (don’t ask me why I have no idea) and I can play. But then the notes on the players are fluctuating, meaning in the beginning of the session very few notes are showing, but the notes on the players reappear player by player during the session. For example very often I have no notes at all on a player I have a ton of hands on in the beginning of the session. Then during the session (maybe sometimes after 1 hour of grind) the notes are showing.
This is really crippling me. I am trying to solve this for at least the past 3 weeks and I can’t figure out what is going wrong.

The HEM stats are working just fine.

sreticentv
06-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Your post includes a lot of information but leaves out how many hands/definitions you have. More hands and more definitions means more data to load and therefore is the most important factor in determining how long things take. Your HEM is likely lagging for 30 minutes because it is loading reports etc in the background.

HEM now has a very comprehensive list of things you can do to improve performance http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/494402-hm2-performance-tips.html
Have you gone through this? The items regarding anti virus software and changing RAM cap and postgres settings are likely to yield the most benefit.

wiiiit
06-26-2014, 08:02 AM
I also have the problem of NC notes/stats not showing up in my HUD. This just happened today, and it used to be fine.
I updated HM2 yesterday, and I suspect this to be the cause. (How do I remove the update?)
I also recall some program on my PC telling me that I have low storage (not sure if NC), even though I still have over half of my 512GB SSD left (I also have a 2TB external that is only used to archive hands).

sreticentv
06-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database.

kdash
07-02-2014, 08:14 AM
"Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database."

...You really are underestimating the problem here..

Here is what i have done recently in order to try to get these notes showing :

Changing my SSD SATA hard drive and replacing it by 2 mSATA SSD working on RAID.
Uninstalling windows 7, reinstalling windows 7 and everything (HEM etc...). Then i realized at this point that windows 7 Home Premium wasn't supporting 32Go RAM but only 16Go.

So i bought windows 8 (which supports 32Go RAM). I reinstalled windows 8, reinstalled everything (same process with all the painfull shit of reimporting database, recreating all the notes. This might be the tenth time i am recreating all my notes in the past 2 weeks and believe me when i say that).

And guess what ? The notes are still not showing !

And of course i have done that already : "The items regarding anti virus software and changing RAM cap and postgres settings are likely to yield the most benefit. "

HossendeHaai
07-02-2014, 08:22 AM
I believe you. Windows 8 definitly isn't an improvement over W7, and there's no advantage of 16GB RAM over 32GB, so you could have spared yourself that money and time. Not sure what made you do that, as I couldn't find it among any performance tip.

Are you using datamined hands?

kdash
07-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Are you using datamined hands?

Yes. Is this the issue ?

HossendeHaai
07-02-2014, 08:50 AM
That could very well be: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/480742-performance-help-needed-6.html#post2260912

wiiiit
07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database.

btw, this advice fixed my problem. I un/reinstall HM2 and friends (NC beta, postgres) and everything is back to work. (no mined hands, 500k ish total)

kdash
07-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Ok thanks for the help.

"We are discussing this unique scenario with the developers to see what can be done. My guess is that they will need to make some code changes within HM2 and create a new config key name that can be edited to force HM2 to use more RAM based on the system specs when the database is large yet the hero has fewer hands than most villains."

Anything new regarding this ?

HossendeHaai
07-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Not yet afaik.

kdash
07-31-2014, 08:16 AM
That could very well be: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/480742-performance-help-needed-6.html#post2260912

Actually i made a test with a new database because i wanted to test some stats.
I created a new database with only hands that i played, i took 100K hands. No mined hands at all. I created all the notes for this new database, and the notes are still not showing in this database.

So the issue was not coming from the mined hands. This is coming from something else.

Just to describe the issue again and sum up : i solved my lag issues by basically changing my hard drives. Now i have 2 SSD working on RAID (still processor i7, 16Go RAM). So i don't have lag issues, the only issue left i have is that the notes are still fluctuating, sometimes showing, sometimes not. And i don't know why.

Any idea how to solve this ?

HossendeHaai
07-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Did you try with yesterdays official release? If you didn't it's worth a try as it includes big NC changes.

kdash
07-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Did you try with yesterdays official release? If you didn't it's worth a try as it includes big NC changes.

Yep my HEM is up to date.

HossendeHaai
07-31-2014, 08:49 AM
Did you try a reset after installing .8159?

kdash
07-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Did you try a reset after installing .8159?

I created my new database after installing .8159

sreticentv
07-31-2014, 08:05 PM
If you go to tools->player notes and type the players' name there do you see anything?

kdash
08-01-2014, 12:44 AM
If you go to tools->player notes and type the players' name there do you see anything?

For my standard database containing some mined hands : yes.
For my "Test" database with only hands that i played and no mined hands : no i don't see anything.

sreticentv
08-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Please auto update to the latest NoteCaddy 2.5.0.17
Please make a log file How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx)
With logging enabled please go to tools->player notes and search for someone for whom there is no data

kdash
08-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Please auto update to the latest NoteCaddy 2.5.0.17
Please make a log file How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx)
With logging enabled please go to tools->player notes and search for someone for whom there is no data

Here is the log file after update.

sreticentv
08-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Did you go to tools->player notes and search for a player? The log shows no such activity

kdash
08-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Did you go to tools->player notes and search for a player? The log shows no such activity

I did. I retried afterwards actually but the log doesn't show this activity.

I send you a log whee i did the same with both my database, the first one showing notes on the player, the second one not showing.

sreticentv
08-02-2014, 04:31 PM
The key to making a good log is to enable logging. Both of your logs show that you didn't do that

2014.08.02 07:55:14:8556[1] Exiting. Logging? False

http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx

Please have a look at this

kdash
08-03-2014, 03:33 AM
The key to making a good log is to enable logging. Both of your logs show that you didn't do that

How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-logs-and-send-it-to-support.ashx)

Please have a look at this

Whoops, sorry about that i thought i did it.

So this time i searched for the same 2 players in both databases. 1 of them is not showing in the database with no mined hands.

sreticentv
08-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Your database version is out of date. This could be fixed by resetting notes file->reset notes. I know you said you created a new database but the log still clearly shows everything in the old format.

Also, if possible please post the definition EvoMP5BRng since that's also causing an error.

kdash
08-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Your database version is out of date. This could be fixed by resetting notes file->reset notes. I know you said you created a new database but the log still clearly shows everything in the old format.

Also, if possible please post the definition EvoMP5BRng since that's also causing an error.

Ok i recreated the notes for the new database with no mined hands. Should i do the same for the other one ?

After resetting the notes and recreating it on the new database, it seems like now i can see the notes in tools -> player notes.

For the definition EvoMP5BRng, i changed it from :
(HEM."MP 3Bet" NC."EvoMP5B") / 100
To :
(HEM."MP 3Bet" * NC."EvoMP5B") / 100

The "*" was missing.

sreticentv
08-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Are they appearing everywhere now or just in player note history? Generally if they appear there then they should appear everywhere they're applicable.

kdash
08-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Are they appearing everywhere now or just in player note history? Generally if they appear there then they should appear everywhere they're applicable.

I recreated my notes for both my databases now (with and without mined hands). The notes are showing for everybody in player notes on both databases.
But i still have the exact same issue for both databases : the notes are randomly not showing on the HUD/pop ups. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't....

sreticentv
08-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Does this happen in the replayer or just while playing?

kdash
08-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Does this happen in the replayer or just while playing?

This happens both in the replayer and while playing.

sreticentv
08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Sorry I missed this post as there have been so many. If it happens on the replayer it should be pretty straightforward to make a log file for it. Just enable logging then open the replayer. Also please let me know which player doesn't have any data there so I know what to look for

kdash
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Sorry I missed this post as there have been so many. If it happens on the replayer it should be pretty straightforward to make a log file for it. Just enable logging then open the replayer. Also please let me know which player doesn't have any data there so I know what to look for

Ok so i made 2 logs, one for each database.

First one for the database with mined hands, the player with no notes showing on the table is "moll_web".

sreticentv
08-07-2014, 08:24 PM
What I'm seeing from that log is that the HM2 replayer tried to get all the data but it only tries 5x until it gives up. For the players you mentioned it essentially ran out of time. The log shows right after the HM2 replayer stopped asking for data, NC finished loading it. I am pretty sure that in this situation, if you close the replayer then re-open it you will see the notes for everyone. I reached out to my HM2 developer contact and will work with him to see what we can do to improve on that...

2014.08.07 17:27:09:6341[SetHandReplayerTable74] retrieving: 19808;TexasHoldem;6;;False;True;False;;;0 - 0* notes
2014.08.07 17:28:04:7593[NC note cache worker25] adding: 19808;TexasHoldem;6;;False;True;False;;;0 - 554 notes

As for live tables, make sure you have the setting file->settings->HUD->update HUD immediately when data changes
selected. That will force tables to update when a player finishes loading. It can cause performance problems in some situations so keep an eye on that.

£zzalor
08-08-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm also having issues with notes not appearing. I think it has happened occasionally before, but never as much as right now.

It gets better if I close my tables and reopen, i.e further into a session or several sessions, but some are still missing (probably players that haven't been loaded before).

I added two new definitions two days ago and I'm trying to view the runtime for them, but I can't see the runtime column in the column chooser. Have tried deleting notelayoutdefinitions.xml, but the runtime column still doesn't appear.

I'm gonna try and purge my DB and only save hands played by hero. See if there's any problem with not enough ram being allocated .

There's no lag at all, the notes just don't appear for all players.

sreticentv
08-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Please auto update to version 2.5.0.19 as it improves efficiency when playing multiple tables with the "update HUD immediately" setting among others.

The runtime column is gone as it was doing more a lot more harm than good.

fish888
08-09-2014, 12:58 AM
This happens both in the replayer and while playing.

Some of my notes are also disappearing both in the replayer and while playing. I've tried reprocessing my notes three times already. and each time, the same notes would just appear for one or two hours and then disappear. I'm using win7 and have 6gig of ram. NC 2.5.0.15.

AJackson Advantage
08-09-2014, 01:05 AM
^Try the update.

kdash
08-09-2014, 03:31 AM
What I'm seeing from that log is that the HM2 replayer tried to get all the data but it only tries 5x until it gives up. For the players you mentioned it essentially ran out of time. The log shows right after the HM2 replayer stopped asking for data, NC finished loading it. I am pretty sure that in this situation, if you close the replayer then re-open it you will see the notes for everyone. I reached out to my HM2 developer contact and will work with him to see what we can do to improve on that...

2014.08.07 17:27:09:6341[SetHandReplayerTable74] retrieving: 19808;TexasHoldem;6;;False;True;False;;;0 - 0* notes
2014.08.07 17:28:04:7593[NC note cache worker25] adding: 19808;TexasHoldem;6;;False;True;False;;;0 - 554 notes

As for live tables, make sure you have the setting file->settings->HUD->update HUD immediately when data changes
selected. That will force tables to update when a player finishes loading. It can cause performance problems in some situations so keep an eye on that.

Thanks for submitting this to the developpers for the replayer. The main problem are the live tables though, since i have to make decisions for money in a limited amount of time on those.

I have tried to check "update HUD immediately" and i also have the last update of note caddy (2.5.0.19) but nothing has changed regarding this issue. The notes keep not showing randomly.

sreticentv
08-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Did you reset notes after updating to 2.5.0.19? I think in many cases that would help. I am very surprised this would still happen. I apologize for that inconvenience. If it continues happening I would need another log file as the way it works live versus with the replayer is very different

fish888
08-10-2014, 04:14 AM
^Try the update.

the latest update has been working fine for four hours. cheers :)

kdash
08-13-2014, 06:03 AM
Did you reset notes after updating to 2.5.0.19? I think in many cases that would help. I am very surprised this would still happen. I apologize for that inconvenience. If it continues happening I would need another log file as the way it works live versus with the replayer is very different

Hi,

So i was making some tests with new versions of notecaddy. I am using latest version (2.5.0.21) and i have reseted and recreated my notes with it.

I still have the same issue. I made you a log file of live tables as you asked.

Table name : "Aenna", player name : "farsas01".

sreticentv
08-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Thank you for the log. My observation is that the full log duration was under two minutes. Intuitively it shouldn't take two minutes to load all players but some of the factors to consider are that you have a lot of definitions and each player gets many notes. When the log ended there was a queue of 13 players for NoteCaddy to load. I can't be sure but I am very confident that farsas was in the queue. To me this looks like a situation where you have a lot of definitions (over 1000) that just takes NC quite awhile to get through for each player as they end up with at least 500 notes each.

-One option would be for you to preload the notes file->preload all player notes
-You should also make sure that you have invested some time going through these guides: NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy-speed-improvement.ashx), http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/494402-hm2-performance-tips.html. If you aren't already using a SSD with a fast read speed now may be the time to strongly consider it
-Another thing to try may be file->settings->HUD->Update cache immediately... This may cause lag as it is very CPU intensive but it saves you the database read for loading player notes. This also has a good chance of the notes loading faster than 2 minutes