PDA

View Full Version : Ongame importing

piv
12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
As far as I can gather, you guys have been very helpful with the ongame import issues but I've tried everything. I've changed the delays, deleted ongame databases, started new HEM databases, and have beta 16. Some days the import works flawlessly as expected, but every other day it will either

-not import a single hand
-import some laughable number like 8 hands from a 2 hour session to mock me
-miss pretty much every 200bb pot
-import a random number of hands of its choosing, something like half the session.

Because it's an issue with the ongame databases which is out of your control, will the import every work flawlessly in a future update as it should or am I wasting my time with this software which is otherwise great?

Al1
12-13-2008, 05:03 AM
As far as I can gather, you guys have been very helpful with the ongame import issues but I've tried everything. I've changed the delays, deleted ongame databases, started new HEM databases, and have beta 16. Some days the import works flawlessly as expected, but every other day it will either

-not import a single hand
-import some laughable number like 8 hands from a 2 hour session to mock me
-miss pretty much every 200bb pot
-import a random number of hands of its choosing, something like half the session.

Because it's an issue with the ongame databases which is out of your control, will the import every work flawlessly in a future update as it should or am I wasting my time with this software which is otherwise great?

Can you upgrade HM first: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe

piv
12-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Done, played 1k hands, shows me down two buyins when I'm up ~20bb after the session.

Any more suggestions?

morny
12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Try importing the statistics file manually after the session, some people say removing it from the folder everytime you finish a session helps to as it creates a new one. Anyway these are just temp measure while we work on improving it, because of their software it will never be 100% accurate but well do our best to get it as close to this as possible

r0bb3d
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi morny,

Are you saying this problem is not fixable at all right now? This would be pretty bad, I mean even 2% of the hands failing to import will drive every serious player insane within no time.

Excuse me for being a wiseass, but I just scanned the PT forum at http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/search.php to check if they have the same problems. It seems like they dont have problems with random hands not being imported after they fixed their software to stop moving the Ongame statistics file (amongst other things probably).

"This is intended - moving the OnGame statistics.db file causes problems so it is no longer moved."

Dunno, maybe it helps :)

morny
12-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes were aware of the issues and Roy is working hard to solve them

r0bb3d
01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Morny,

Happy new yearz! :)

Can you update us on the status of the ongame problem?

Been waiting 2 weeks now and I'd like to know what to do next. I would like an ETA on the fix or plz be honest if you won't expect any fix within next weeks so I can explore other options.

To make sure Im running correct versions, my postgres is 8.2 and my HM is 1.07 (official, not beta)

morny
01-06-2009, 03:17 PM
This solution imports 99-100% of HH for anyone that has tried it. We should have an easier system in place in a few weeks to save you setting up all those steps:

1. go to http://www.box.net/shared/htpmm1zm8e, download the zip, extract
2. run ramdisk.exe, click "install", you'll probs need to reboot
3. run ramdisk.exe again, set up a ramdrive - 32mb should be fine because HEM will archive your database and it never grows > 4mb, leave the drive letter to R: if you aren't using that drive, click okay.
4. Now you should have an r: on your computer that's your ramdisk. A ramdisk acts like a normal file system but access is superfast because it's stored in ram. Note that anything you put here is lost when you reboot.

5. make sure hem and ongame isn't running
6. go to C:\program files\[ongame site]\Resources\Databases
7. is there a userxxxxx.db file there? go to step 9.
8. there's no db file because HEM has archived it. Run your ongame skin, play a hand or two of play money. That will create the database file. shut down ongame.
9. Move that db file to the root of your ramdrive r:
10. Load up ongame, go to statistics > advanced > select statistics file, and browse to the file you moved to r:
11: load up HEM, configure the autoimport folders and select the database on r:, you can remove the old directory
12: enjoy 100% ongame imports

remember to import from HEM whenever playing, because if you reboot and haven't imported hands then they'll be lost because your ramdrive will be emptied on reboot

zoom7
01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
This solution imports 99-100% of HH for anyone that has tried it. We should have an easier system in place in a few weeks to save you setting up all those steps:
Seems to be a no go on Windows Vista x64 tho, ramdisk.exe won't install. I wonder if there's a replacement Ramdisk for 64-bit Vista...

morny
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Ahh thats not good, we will be implementing something but it will probably take a few weeks before its up and running. Is it just not compatible with 64bit or maybe the file didnt download properly. Im sure there might be other alternatives if you google them

zoom7
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Ahh thats not good, we will be implementing something but it will probably take a few weeks before its up and running. Is it just not compatible with 64bit or maybe the file didnt download properly. Im sure there might be other alternatives if you google them
Pretty sure it simply isn't compatible, because it uses a 32-bit driver. And yeah there are alternatives but they cost $$$$$. Couldn't find a free one.

zoom7
01-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Those who are using 64-bit operating systems here's an evaluation version of another Ramdisk software: http://www.superspeed.com/download/trialversions.php

Seems to work fine, haven't tested importing yet but will do it later today.

r0bb3d
01-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Can confirm that ongame importing seems to work fine now using Vista 32bit with the ramdisk software. Played a ~ 2.5h session and don't seem to be missing any hands.

Thanks HM, appreciate it!

nakke
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey, when using a RAMdisk, would it be possible to decrease the OngameDBDelay setting to decrease lag without losing hands? I tried decreasing it but HEM resets it to 30 automatically. Would making the .config file read-only work?

morny
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
It resets it each time you restart HM unfortunately, you could run a batch file to change this on startup. Google how to create a batch file to see how

nakke
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the tip, totally forgot about batch files. Unfortunately, autoimporting doesn't seem to be working when you set that really low (which I think could technically work using a RAMdisk, since that obviously means HEM doesn't have to read the DB for much time at all).

breadeater
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Ahh thats not good, we will be implementing something but it will probably take a few weeks before its up and running.

Hi Morny

I'm really waiting patiently for this update. I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating it is to finish a long session only to find that half the 200bb pots aren't included.

Any word on how long it'll be?

Thanks

morny
01-14-2009, 07:43 PM
What exactly are you waiting on, following the new system with the Ram Disk works almost 100% for everyone, have you tried it?

breadeater
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
What exactly are you waiting on, following the new system with the Ram Disk works almost 100% for everyone, have you tried it?

Are there plans to update HM so we dont have to go through:

1. go to http://www.box.net/shared/htpmm1zm8e, download the zip, extract
2. run ramdisk.exe, click "install", you'll probs need to reboot
3. run ramdisk.exe again, set up a ramdrive - 32mb should be fine because HEM will archive your database and it never grows > 4mb, leave the drive letter to R: if you aren't using that drive, click okay.
4. Now you should have an r: on your computer that's your ramdisk. A ramdisk acts like a normal file system but access is superfast because it's stored in ram. Note that anything you put here is lost when you reboot.

5. make sure hem and ongame isn't running
6. go to C:\program files\[ongame site]\Resources\Databases
7. is there a userxxxxx.db file there? go to step 9.
8. there's no db file because HEM has archived it. Run your ongame skin, play a hand or two of play money. That will create the database file. shut down ongame.
9. Move that db file to the root of your ramdrive r:
10. Load up ongame, go to statistics > advanced > select statistics file, and browse to the file you moved to r:
11: load up HEM, configure the autoimport folders and select the database on r:, you can remove the old directory
12: enjoy 100% ongame imports

robertb
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
hello, i have full "small stakes" version of HEM..
i play on ongame and i have Ram DIsk but today i had problem with one hand, i won BI but it wasnt import :(

so, meybe RAM DISK is not 100% way for import all hands on ongame /4tabling/

:confused::(

morny
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
We will be updating this but as far as im aware you only need to do this the 1st time?

There is 1 other issue were looking into where if you sit out for longer than 15 mins (or whatever the timer is set to move archived files) and sit back in then Ongame dosent write to the database, we looking into fixing this

SK90
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I just tried out this solution, but I am having trouble with step 9. When I try to open or put anything into this ramdisk, I get an error message: "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk may be damage or use a format that is uncompatible with windows." I run windows xp and I have tried creating different databases to get it working but nothing works. Any ideas?

morny
01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Not sure, maybe try installing it again or asking their support as im not too familiar with Ramdisc other than installing it

Mustardgas
01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Is HEM working fine at Ongame when you are playing cashgames and MTT's same time? Hud is still working when table gets changed in tourneys?

nakke
01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Is HEM working fine at Ongame when you are playing cashgames and MTT's same time? Hud is still working when table gets changed in tourneys?Yes.

A.Kmicic
01-16-2009, 04:43 PM
this missing 2% hands which are always big hands drives me crazy

SK90
01-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I finally got my ramdisk installed and I got my database file moved to the ramdisk. But HEM refuses to import the hands, or it will just say: importing ... but never really get any hands?

Any idea on what could be wrong ? :(

morny
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Have you HM setup to import from the R:\ folder + subfolders?

SK90
01-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Yes I have my HEM to autoimport from ramdisk+subfolders.

morny
01-17-2009, 03:42 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

berg
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi, I've set up a ramdisk drive R: and I'm trying to move my database file there but it's too big (400MB). Is there a way to archive this or something?

thanks

morny
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Just leave it in the C:\HMarchive folder or whereever you archive files then follow the other instructions and it should create a blank one

berg
01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
I moved that file to a different location and then followed the steps to create a new .db file and finish the rest of the instructions. HEM is still missing a lot of my hands, played for 4 hours and HEM showed an extra 90bb of profit. Also the HUD would only load on some of my tables and not on others.

tmh
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi, when I import from ongame database HEM gets the time of the hand wrong. I'm at GMT+2 timezone and HEM imports the hands at GMT time. Times are right in the ongame client's database. Little, but annoying bug.

morny
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Use this option to offset the timezone difference http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=65

rohan68
01-20-2009, 06:48 AM
hello i did install ramdisk and it seems to import all hands.
But i works only during the session i did install ramdisk. if i reboot my computer or play another day , windows cannot read r: (windows can t read this disk, it can be dammaged or it uses a format non compatible with windows)
i have windows xp sp2, and i said to ramidsk to create a ramdrive of 32M...

if i resinstall ramidsk it works...until i close the computer

thanks for your help, have a nice day

tmh
01-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Use this option to offset the timezone difference http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=65

Yea, but the time of the hands are still wrong in HEM. I think you understood me wrong. I mean that if I example import a hand which has a time of 18:00:00, HEM converts it to 16:00:00.

morny
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
This is because that would be the time of the HH on the ongame server, HM dosent write the HH time, Ongame writes it and HM just copies it when creating the file.

morny
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
But i works only during the session i did install ramdisk. if i reboot my computer or play another day , windows cannot read r: (windows can t read this disk, it can be dammaged or it uses a format non compatible with windows)

This must be an issue with Ramdisk, can you contact their support and ask them about this as its not happening to me, i can use it no problem when i restart so it might be an issue the way you installed it or something

berg
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm having the same problem with ramdisk, have to create a new one everytime I restart the comp.

morny
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Im not sure why this is happening but if you check with their support im sure theyll be able to help. I certainly dont have that problem and ive restarted lots of times

Luckyspikes
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Seems to be a no go on Windows Vista x64 tho, ramdisk.exe won't install. I wonder if there's a replacement Ramdisk for 64-bit Vista...

Try virtual hard drive pro 2. It's a shareware and it is fully fonctionnal on Vista 64 bits.

robertb
01-21-2009, 07:24 PM
i hope it will be fixed because im rly angry now...meybe one hour session and 1bi winnings not imported..wuaaa:mad: stupit ongame network...i understand you do all what you can...i dont want change site only because problems HEM-ongame

im still using rramdisk - only for info

damn :x

breadeater
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm having the same issue. Every time I restart it seems to forget that there's another drive.

Nicoo
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I purchased Holdem Manager a few weeks ago, but I have a problem with Ongame importing.

In the beginning it worked fine.
But since a few days, sometimes my hands aren't imported and the Ongame .db file is stucked at 0kb. I have to create a new db file to have the importing working.

And now this file is never archived. It keep growing up and there's no new file in the HM Archive folder.

Do you have any solution for me ?

Thanks,
Nico

/Edit : I just saw there was a 1.07.01 version. I will try this tomorow, maybe it solves the problem of archiving hands.

morny
02-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Please try that version, also someone posted that when your installing the RAM drive you need to choose removable media instead of Ramdrive, ive updated this in the FAQ so let me know if it works

Galldor
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
"Weve had some issues where Ongame misses a % of the hands. This was caused because of the way Ongame interacts with the database that causes it to miss a hand if HM and Ongame happen to query the database at the same time. "

This is what is stated in your FAQ but I think it must be wrong. I use a handgrabber that reads the database and turns them into HH txt files then HEM reads these files from a seperate folder.
HEM dosn't even have access to the ongame DB.
my handgrabber records 297 hands for example and HEM only reads 250. All the hands are there however in the txt files and no matter if you auto or manual import it is still the same. Also starting today I didn't have HUD on one table!

Nicoo
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Please try that version, also someone posted that when your installing the RAM drive you need to choose removable media instead of Ramdrive, ive updated this in the FAQ so let me know if it works

Hi Morny,

I tried with version 1.07.01 and it was the same, there was no archive created.
But I saw there was 1 hour difference between time of the hands in HM and real time here.
So I change the option "Day starts at" and now the file is archived properly

But it was working last week and I don't understand what as changed (the hour is still the same...)

But it's working now, thanks.

Nico

Nicoo
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh no what I said was wrong !

It's just that HM archive the file 15 min after the end of my session. It's not archiving the file during the session.
Is it normal ? I remember it was not like this last week.... The file was archived very often.

So I will put the "Change Archive Duration" setting to 1 min, because I don't want to wait 15 min before stopping the auto-import after each session.
Is this OK ?

Thank you
Nico

morny
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
"Weve had some issues where Ongame misses a % of the hands. This was caused because of the way Ongame interacts with the database that causes it to miss a hand if HM and Ongame happen to query the database at the same time. "

This is what is stated in your FAQ but I think it must be wrong. I use a handgrabber that reads the database and turns them into HH txt files then HEM reads these files from a seperate folder.
HEM dosn't even have access to the ongame DB.
my handgrabber records 297 hands for example and HEM only reads 250. All the hands are there however in the txt files and no matter if you auto or manual import it is still the same. Also starting today I didn't have HUD on one table!

Youll probably notice that the 40 hands Hm didnt miss were incomplete hands caused by the issues i mentioned in that quuote. This is why you shouldnt use the handgrabber and delete it from the HM auto import folders and setup as per this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=148

Oh no what I said was wrong !

It's just that HM archive the file 15 min after the end of my session. It's not archiving the file during the session.
Is it normal ? I remember it was not like this last week.... The file was archived very often.

So I will put the "Change Archive Duration" setting to 1 min, because I don't want to wait 15 min before stopping the auto-import after each session.
Is this OK ?

Thank you
Nico

It moves the file when it hasnt been modified for 15 minutes, since your constantly playing it wont move while playing, this is fine and you should leave it at that unless youve a specific reason to change it less as it may cause some issues if you set it too low.

Niska
02-08-2009, 08:58 PM

I am also having this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Terminator
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
What about using Idleminer Ongame. Not having to set up Ramdrive at all, just import textfiles as Pacific. Will that work? It wold be fine for me if it does, or will there be a problem with missing hands or other problems?

morny
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
You need to setup a removable media rather than a ramdisk while setting it up and then it should work fine when you reboot

Terminator
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but why do I need a removable media? Why cant IdleminerOngame use a folder on my harddrive to put the handhistory as it does with Pacific?

morny
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
No when your installing it it asks do you want to install Ramdrive, fixed drive or Removable media, choose removable media

itsavest
03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
This Ramdisk thing doesnt work for me. It still doesnt import hands. I followed the instructions. Is there a plan to fix this problem so that we dont need external tools?

additional question: are there people without problems using the standard folders (not ramdisk)?

edit: got ramdisk to work at least...

IneedPot
03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I still miss about 20% of the hands while using ramdisk. I'm running HM1.08 beta 17 on XP home sp3 with a 32mb removable ramdisk. I let the ongame client create a new empty database everytime I start it.

Getting really fed up with ongames crappy client, worst one on the market except for maybe boss. :mad:

Llanlad
03-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi all

Im new to HEM but ive used PT for a long while... but thought it was time to change :)

Ive not had any problems with missing hands etc ..and ive not downloaded any ramdisk etc ..

But being someone that has allways used PT, i made a processed hands folder in my external hard drive and used that as my archive folder .

In PT anyway ... all the processed hands are stored there in case i my hard drive crashes etc and i can re-import if needed.

But when i checked the processed folder yesterday .. it was empty .. So im just wondering where all the processed hands are ?

Not a huge problem ... unless my hard drive goes in the future but some clarification would be appreciated

Im using version 1.07.

Thanks

morny
03-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Most likely there in C:/HMarchive

Llanlad
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Most likely there in C:/HMarchive
I thought that too .. but nope ..that folder is also empty .

morny
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and ill tell you

Llanlad
03-17-2009, 10:02 AM
ok .. email sent with attachement as requested.

Thanks

Sam
03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I had also lots of unimported hands before I installed Ram disk. I set it up to 32mb as told. Now the disk is full and Hem doesn't import any more. Hud isn't workind either. Ram disk is full but there isn't any files! All hands have archived to D: drive. If I understood right, Ram disk shouldn't get full. Did I something wrong and what I have todo next? Do I have to create a new bigger Ramdisk or can I expand that old somehow? Can I still find somewhere hands I played today? I have 1.08 beta 7 version.

morny
03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a bug with Ramdisk, try reinstalling it as it would take weeks for Ongame to create a 32mb file but HM would archive it well before it got that big so it certainly looks like a bug

chris_k14
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi,

I installed ramdisk a few months ago. I believed all was working fine, but then i realised there was a difference in my poker client balance and the amount HM was showing sooo i take it its not importing all hands, this is also confirmed with rake totals. The other day was the worst as i wanted to review a massive hand deepstacked only to find it wasn't in HM. Is there anything i can do to get the final 1-2% of hands imported?

Would using a handgrabber be better than the ramdisk method?

Regards, TIA

Chris

morny
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Email your userstatistics file to morny@holdemmanager.net and link to this thread morny@holdemmanager.net

Sam
03-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I had also lots of unimported hands before I installed Ram disk. I set it up to 32mb as told. Now the disk is full and Hem doesn't import any more. Hud isn't working either. Ram disk is full but there isn't any files! All hands have archived to D: drive. If I understood right, Ram disk shouldn't get full. Did I something wrong and what I have to do next? Do I have to create a new bigger Ramdisk or can I expand that old somehow? Can I still find somewhere hands I played today? I have 1.08 beta 7 version.

I could expand the size of the ramdisk and it worked well after that. However I still have problems with hud and importing. I have first played session where everything is fine and then stop playing and importing. When I start playing again after couple hours, table manager will find the tables but imports only few hands and hud doesn't show at all. After I have played half an hour without hud, hud suddenly showed one table and after one hour it showed second table. Really weird. I have tried to shut down Hem and start it again but it doesn't help. Do you know what should I do?

morny
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Next time you play after sitting out for a couple of hours just restart HM and Ongame. there is a little bug were working on where the db file dosent update when you sitout for a long period