PDA

View Full Version : I want to purge observed hands, HEM insisting on deleting all hands

pog0
12-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Under Observed Hand History Configuration, I made sure that "do not delete hands played by me" was selected and that the correct screen name was selected.

I set the date range to be only today and I put up no other restrictions. Today I played 87 hands. I then clicked on purge hands and it gave me a warning along the lines:

we are about to purge 87 hands, continue?

I click no because I only wanted to purge observed hands, but instead, it's trying to purge all my played hands. Any ideas?

Al1
12-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Under Observed Hand History Configuration, I made sure that "do not delete hands played by me" was selected and that the correct screen name was selected.

I set the date range to be only today and I put up no other restrictions. Today I played 87 hands. I then clicked on purge hands and it gave me a warning along the lines:

we are about to purge 87 hands, continue?

I click no because I only wanted to purge observed hands, but instead, it's trying to purge all my played hands. Any ideas?

If you have your original HHs, you can reimport it later.
If you purge it, are your hands available in HM after that?

pog0
12-13-2008, 01:41 AM
If you have your original HHs, you can reimport it later.
If you purge it, are your hands available in HM after that?

It did not delete the HHs. I did not do any database housekeeping nor did I vacuum afterwards. I can watch the hands in the replayer still.

Very interesting point of contention that may help figure out the problem.

I set "do not delete" only to hands played by me.
"All poker sites"

Then set the date to Dec 12 - Dec 12 and got an "No hand histories were found that matched the delete criteria you selected" message.

I then dates Dec 12 - Dec 13 (no hands were played on Dec 13) and I got "87 hands for deletion". Same story for Dec 12 - Dec 14. No hands were played on the 13th or 14th so it should have no effect on the actual range of hands.

- -

I selected a date (Oct 4, 2008) on which I played no hands but just recently imported observed hands. Same settings, I go to purge and it warns me that it's about to delete 1128 hands. With the settings it should want to purge all hands from that day which should be a much larger number (I'm not sure how big exactly).

Then I did 3 more tests.

Date range Oct 4 - Oct 6: 32k hands for deletion
Date range Oct 4 - Oct 5: 17k hands for deletion
Date range Oct 5 - Oct 6: 15k hands for deletion

This isn't adding up properly since oct 4 - 5 + oct 5 - 6 = 4 days, but it adds up to the 3 day total. What I believe is happening is that the end date is not being included in the purge range, or maybe a small window of it is being included. So essentially Oct4 - Oct6 is really just 2 days, and Oct4 - Oct5 is a single day, which explains why the numbers add up (approximately, I don't think the totals were spot on).

The 1128 hands that it found for Oct 4 - Oct 4 would have occured over a 1 - 4 hour period.

- -

So in the process I found 2 problems.

1. HEM is claiming that it will be deleting hands that I played (but then doesn't delete them).
2. The END date of the purge is not included in the range, or there's some strange cutoff time. This explains the 'no hands for deletion' (which I thought was problem #1 being fixed) when the date range is Oct 12 - Oct 12.

At least the issue appears to be cosmetic rather than functional for the most part, so I can go ahead and do what I needed to do.

Al1
12-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Can you try an update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe