PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Manager does not work with Ongame.

jokerdk
12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I Have been using HEM for a few months now and i enjoy the program alot. But there is a major issue. I know this bug has been reported before, and i have tried to solve it by adjusting the import timeout variable (or whatever it's called)

But it's still very inaccurate. Basically what happens (according to the other thread) is that when HEM tries to access the database file simultaneously with the client the HH becomes corrupted.

I'm creating this topic because i saw in the changelog for V1.07 that some fixes were implemented, but for now it still doesnt work. I play HU 2 tables at a time and i have had very inaccurate results over just 4K hands.

It really blows, it means i cannot utilize the full potential of Hold'em manager becuase i literally have no clue whether im running at 2BB/100 or 15BB/100.

Is there a way to hotfix this soon?

morny
12-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Weve had trouble identifying the issues with it but i think weve now identified it and were working on a fix for it now and hopefully will have something soon

benthj
12-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm experiencing the same, and is close to moving back to PT2.

I don't understand why you don't incorporate some of the stuff that PT2 uses, as it works reasonably well with PT2.

In PT2 one can manually reset the DB. I might lose one or two hands as long as I keep the DB below 1000 hands meaning that I reset it after each session, and sit out and do the same if I get close to 1000 hands while playing. Its not perfect, but way better than losing a huge part of ones hands, and having no clue how your session ended.

Right now I have played 2500 hands in a session, and I have got no clue where I'm at. HEM says I'm down 500 (playing 200NL) and my own notes says that I'm around breakeven.

The way you move the DB to another folder when you thought you had solved the Ongame problems, in my opinion really messes things up. I have had so many problems with one table out of 4 not being recognised, no hands importing, because it cannot find the DB (really screws up if you opened PT2 first), and all kinds of other problems.

So, as said, look at PT2, and how the manual reset buttom has helped solve things. Another way (no clue about programming) to solve this, couldn't it be to just make a copy of the DB every time? What I mean is that if my DB is called "benthj", then what HEM should do is to make a copy (ideally to the same folder called "benthj HEM import". As this copy/paste should be real quick, HEM is not intereferring with the writing of hands to the "benthj" database. Then HEM now reads from the "benthj HEM import" folder, and things might be a but nore smooth.

morny
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok as i said were working on this and i know it was working great for some people with this new system, easy to blame someone else but the ongame setup is really difficult to work with and were not supporting it that long either, as Roy pointed out before Prima use the same database and it dosent have all the assosiated problems but their setup is very problematic. Ill redirect Roy to this thread to make him aware of the resetting database thing to see if thats viable and in the meantime usually reimporting the database file manually picks up the missed hands, so check the processed hands folder where HM archives (most likely C:\HMArchive) and try reimporting the databases to pickup missed hands.

Rvg72
12-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Another way (no clue about programming) to solve this, couldn't it be to just make a copy of the DB every time? What I mean is that if my DB is called "benthj", then what HEM should do is to make a copy (ideally to the same folder called "benthj HEM import". As this copy/paste should be real quick, HEM is not intereferring with the writing of hands to the "benthj" database. Then HEM now reads from the "benthj HEM import" folder, and things might be a but nore smooth.

This is exactly what we are doing now - we make a copy of the file and import from the copy so that hands don't get corrupted by the ongame client... Works for some people and not for others but we're getting closer to a working solution.

Roy

jokerdk
12-14-2008, 01:55 PM
All hands in my HEMARCHIVE folder were duplicates, so it did not fix my problem :(

I understand your frustrations, but hope for a solution soon :)

benthj
12-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Would it be easy for you guys to make this link importable (if I copy it to notepad), as we this way at least can import the hands we can see are missing?

https://www.pokernetwork.co.uk/games/handhistory/?sRoundReference=P4%2d83611821%2d399

Right now I'm running at negative BB/100 according to HEM, despite being a winner this month, so right now HEM is only worth using for the HUD, and not for any analysis at all?

If possible, what format to I put in my holecards, as I need to edit this manually?

PizzzaTonno
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I have the same problem. It worked perfectly fine with the old version (1.06 beta 14 I think).
Is there an easy way to switch back?

Hope it will be fixed soon. Keep up the good work!

A.Kmicic
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
omg now my HUD on ongame disappeared :(

PizzzaTonno
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Some information:
the table manager sees the table
the old ongame hand extractor stays at "Attempting to import hands..." while I play, no progress there at all

HEM auto import finds the file but always imports 0 hands. Also the .db-data in the eurobet-databases folder stays at 0KB. When I was just sitting at the tables and waiting for an opponent 1 hour ago there wasnt even any .db-data in that folder. Don't know if that is normal, think I always had a file to select for the ongame extractor before.

And again, with version 1.06 beta 13 it worked perfectly fine for me with the ongame extractor.

if i uninstall HEM now and update back to 1.06 beta 13 and copy back the backed up config, then it should work again for me, right? Is my database gone then (meaning i have to reimport all the hands from this year) or does it not get deleted so i can select it after reinstalling? Any other problems that might come up with this approach?

I really hope you can fix this soon. Do you need more information? If you want me to send the db or something, please explain how (give link to FAQ where i can see how its done).

Leif
12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I just delete my ongame database folder after every session (+ 5-10 hands outside the folder).

So i start a new session without a database (just like when you played your first hand at your skin).

Wait until i have played a couple of hands, and then start auto-import in HEM.

Then it works fine (+- 1-2 bb / 1000 hands compared to PT2).

benthj
12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
I ahve the exact same problem. I find some fish, but no DB, so I have to leave all tables, shut the client down, and start again. 20 minutes waiting for fish, and have to start over.

Doesn't happen everytime, but it happens more than 20% of my sessions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this is ok, if not, please let me know, but all Ongame users, please put a vote here for HEM to get the HH import to work better as soon as possible.

http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/ and then search for "Ongame" and put 3 votes in for "Create flawless Ongame HH import".

PizzzaTonno
12-19-2008, 03:02 AM
i voted for it.

benthj
12-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi guys

Any news/reply on this?

Just checked my DB. Up one buyin according to HEM, while in reality having won 6 buyin this month. Its really really frustrating, and as said in an earlier post, it would be very helpful to be able to import the website based hand histories manually, at least until this problem is solved.

morny
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Roy will reply here soon, hes been extremely busy the last few days working on a number of things, thanks for your patients

Rvg72
12-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi guys

Any news/reply on this?

Just checked my DB. Up one buyin according to HEM, while in reality having won 6 buyin this month. Its really really frustrating, and as said in an earlier post, it would be very helpful to be able to import the website based hand histories manually, at least until this problem is solved.

There isn't much need to vote on the Ongame issue as a suggestion since it is not working for many people and because of that is already getting prioritized ahead of everything else.

Roy

PizzzaTonno
12-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue has a high priority.
At least it still works on my laptop where i have the older HEM version.

benthj
12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Just realised that HEM imports every 5 seconds. Can I change this anywhere (can't find it), as I assume this could be a reason for the DB losing so many hands. If it takes like 1/10th of a second to access the DB (just a guess), then it is blocked by HEM 2% of the time, which in turn might be what makes the DB lose 2% of the hands.

When the DB gets bigger I assume it is blocked even longer.

Could this be the reason, meaning that an import once a minute or more, would improve things considerably, when talking about lost HH's?

morny
12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Ongame hands are not imported every 5 seconds its every 25 seconds as there is a code embeeded in one of the files to override it for Ongame, also Roy now copies the database first and accesses the info on the copy which Ongame isnt trying to connect to so it which should prevent this but it seems to be a different issue thats casuing the current problem

morny
12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
This was posted on 2+2 but i havent tested it yet but feel free to try it out, he said it works and collects 100% of hands and also runs smoother and faster for Ongame:

Here's how to set it up:

1. go to http://www.box.net/shared/htpmm1zm8e, download the zip, extract
2. run ramdisk.exe, click "install", you'll probs need to reboot
3. run ramdisk.exe again, set up a ramdrive - 32mb should be fine because HEM will archive your database and it never grows > 4mb, leave the drive letter to R: if you aren't using that drive, click okay.
4. Now you should have an r: on your computer that's your ramdisk. A ramdisk acts like a normal file system but access is superfast because it's stored in ram. Note that anything you put here is lost when you reboot.

5. make sure hem and ongame isn't running
6. go to C:\program files\[ongame site]\Resources\Databases
7. is there a userxxxxx.db file there? go to step 9.
8. there's no db file because HEM has archived it. Run your ongame skin, play a hand or two of play money. That will create the database file. shut down ongame.
9. Move that db file to the root of your ramdrive r:
10. Load up ongame, go to statistics > advanced > select statistics file, and browse to the file you moved to r:
11: load up HEM, configure the autoimport folders and select the database on r:, you can remove the old directory
12: enjoy 100% ongame imports

remember to import from HEM whenever playing, because if you reboot and haven't imported hands then they'll be lost because your ramdrive will be emptied on reboot

benthj
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Sounds good Morny. Before trying I just need some info on how to import to PT2, or rather how to get a kind of backup DB of the HH's as I run a simultaneous import to my PT2. If I use the above method I assume this is not possible, leaving me only with the option of exporting the entire DB (300k+ hands) everytime, and then import all these files to PT2, which due to size and time is not really an option.

BTW. This month I'm up 15.5 buyins over 20k hands, but HM only saying I'm up 10 buyins, so still huge import problems, though for some reason I think I have just missed a bunch of the big pots. Are you closer to a solution on this (disregarding the 2+2 solution), and as requested before, would it be possible to make available some sort of import from the webbased HH's at Ongame, so we can manually fill when we notice a big hand missing?

benthj
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi guys

Any reply to the above, and any news on when we can expect this to run properly?

I just checked, and if I run it in PT2, I might lose one or two hands in 1000 HH's, and most often none, but with HM its a considerable amount, and as said before, it makes all the good analysis tools in HM useless when one winrate is not even close to the real number.

morny
01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
To have it work with that solution just have PT import from the folder HM archives to although you might have some problems because HM and PT are not really made to simulataneously import. Were looking into a more practical way of running this but i dont have an ETA at the moment

PizzzaTonno
01-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I tried the solution and it works, but it did not import the last hand of the testsession. This can obviously skew the results because often the opponent leaves right after winning or losing a big hand.

I have to say I am surprised this is taking so long when it worked fine for me with the old version. Is there an easy way to switch back to the old version without reinstalling and reimporting all hands? I have asked this several times but dont think i got an answer.

Thanks for your efforts!

morny
01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Switching back to an older version wont work but well get a solution out.

When you say it misses the last hand is this PT or HM, everyone that tried ramdisk so far said they got 100% of hands

benthj
01-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I'll give it a try.

But, will then only run HM, and then export from HM and import to PT. One question then. When exporting like 300k hands, is there an easy way to find the lastest hands?

What I'm thinking of, is if the files are created based on the date of the HH's, meaning I just have to take the first ones or last ones, or something like this?

Last question. Selective export, is that something you are looking into, or will that be way out in the future?

morny
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi, with the newest update of HM it archives the files into folders of the year > month > day, is this what you mean?

Selective export will be high on the todo list however i dont have an ETA and there is still several things ahead of it

PizzzaTonno
01-04-2009, 07:10 AM
I have everything set up, but sometimes it seems like it doesnt work right away.

Which of the steps do I have to repeat every time to make this work? Do I have to make the test-hands and then select the file and restart ongame every time? I still need to use the handgrabber, right?

morny
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
No dont use the handgrabber. Setup HM exactly as per this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=148 and delete and old ongame/handgrabber folders.

Then follow these instructions:

3. run ramdisk.exe again, set up a ramdrive - 32mb should be fine because HEM will archive your database and it never grows > 4mb, leave the drive letter to R: if you aren't using that drive, click okay.
4. Now you should have an r: on your computer that's your ramdisk. A ramdisk acts like a normal file system but access is superfast because it's stored in ram. Note that anything you put here is lost when you reboot.

8. there's no db file because HEM has archived it. Run your ongame skin, play a hand or two of play money. That will create the database file. shut down ongame.
10. Load up ongame, go to statistics > advanced > select statistics file, and browse to the file you moved to r:
11: load up HEM, configure the autoimport folders and select the database on r:, you can remove the old directory

remember to import from HEM whenever playing, because if you reboot and haven't imported hands then they'll be lost because your ramdrive will be emptied on reboot

PizzzaTonno
01-04-2009, 11:04 AM
I understand that I shouldnt use the handgrabber. In that case it seems to be working only sometimes. I just played and the .db-file is correctly created at the R:-drive but it is 0 KB big and therefore the import obviously doesnt find any hands. Then I stopped playing and go to Statistics -> Advanced -> Select Statistics File the .db-file is correctly entered. If I click on it again Ongame sends a message that says "Error opening the database". I have set up HM like in the FAQ. Strangely then, I didnt change anything, I went to a new table and started playing and then it worked just fine and the .db-file is now 55KB big.

I had this several times that it first worked fine, then I waited at the tables for 3 hours for an opponent and when someone came, it just stopped working even though I didnt change anything. I exclusively play HU.

I think I have everything set up correctly because after all, it does work sometimes, but that doesnt do me much good if it just stops working when I get my next opponent. :(

Hope this helps to help me :)

babaa
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Did that

and there are still like half the played hands missing

morny
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Your the only one that hasnt had 99%-100% when theyve tried that so it must be something else causing the issue. Have you it setup correctly as per the FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=148 and also make sure handgrabber isnt running

PizzzaTonno
01-07-2009, 10:08 AM
My experience today again confirmed that this isnt working properly yet. After some hours of waiting I finally get an opponent but no hands are importing and this time there isnt even a .db-file in my R:-drive that saves the hh. It also isn't in the eurobet\Resources\Databases-folder. I have no clue why this happens, but it never happened before I made the stated changes and it doesnt happen on my laptop either so it must have something to do with the changes.
So I finish the session against the opponent. After that I went to the microlimits to test, joined a new table and directly get the stats after the 1st hand against the new opponent. The .db-file is created in the R-drive like it should and everything works perfectly.

This is terribly frustrating. It seems like every time I have to wait a long time for an opponent I get no stats. When I then open a new table at the microlimits to test it works just fine. How is that possible? Can you fix it for me?
I play very high and this issue is costing me serious money..

Thanks
PS: I have set up HEM like in the FAQ and never had problems before.

morny
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Nobody else is reporting any issues, if someone is having similar issues then please let us know. Can you try going to Statistics> Advanced > Create Statistics File and follow from step 6 on in the ram disc setup next time the issue happens.

PizzzaTonno
01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I will definitely do that the next time but the problem is the following: If I have to do this every time it doesnt do me any good because step 8 tells me to shut down ongame and if I do that my opponent will be gone. In that case it will probably work at first but I will have no opponent. When my next opponent then comes after a considerable waiting period it is likely that it won't work again.

If no one else has any issues with it the only thing that probably sets me apart from them is that I usually start playing after 40 mins or even 2 hours because thats how long I have to wait for an opponent. So in the meantime something must kill the procedure (which doesnt matter for the other players that can start playing right away). When I get an opponent right away there is no problem for me, too.

I also dont think I can use "Statistics> Advanced > Create Statistics File" while playing so if I do it I will lose the opponent. I will try it though the next time and hope that it then permanently works after it because I cant do it every time.

Is a general fix for this issue still a big priority (as it may not be because it seems to work for almost anyone according to your statement)? If not I probably have to look into other solutions like using PT for ongame. Obviously I don't want to go on like this for much longer.

Thanks for your help so far.

morny
01-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Ive seen this issue before but ive not seen it reoccur, basically if the user db disappears then HM cant import anything, this happend before ramdisk so its nothing to do with that so it might be something else.

If you want ill do a TV session if this is something that happens everytime then i can see if there is a fix and if its been moved by HM or just deleted by Ongame. email morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a teamviewer session if it suits

babaa
01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
with this ramdisk thing, OHM saves hands much faster than before...this is a good thing.

but still most files have errors..