PDA

View Full Version : Harddrive Crash. How to get my database back?

zaghomat
12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
my Hardrive crashed. I was able to save the files from the postgreSQL folder. How do I get my database back working with HEM?

morny
12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi, if you have installed postgresql again then turn off the service by finding PostgreSQL in the Start Menu and using the Stop Service option. Then delete the \Data folder in the new installation of postgres and copy your backed up \Data folder over. if you can't delete then you may need to reboot.

Then in the PostgreSQL menu click on Start Service and if everything went right you should be able to connect to your old database.

Please update the thread with your results or of course if you need further assistance.

zaghomat
12-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I tried, but it doesn't work. i got this error message:

could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

My database was PostgreSQL 8.2 I now have installed 8.3 Could it be the problem? if it is please give me a link to 8.2 because I couldn't find it.

morny
12-13-2008, 09:50 PM
All the versions are here: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/

It dosent always work however which is why we recommend backing up HH aswell especially when there was a crash that killed the hard drive there is a decent chance something may be corrupt