PDA

View Full Version : Problems with unistall

Donkerque
06-01-2014, 09:16 AM
I installed Postgres/HEM1 without turning the UAC/firewall off. Now the Hand replayer doesn't work.

I want to uninstall HEM1 but I cannot, because there's no HEM entry in All programs. There's no entry in Control panel Add/remove programs too.

HEM1 v1.14.02 is the version I'm working with.

What should I do now? How could I deinstall HEM1 to reinstall it again?

If I reinstall without deisntalling, nothing happens.

TY.

Patvs
06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

A dd exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

--

To uninstall it, either:
-1 just reinstall it (+ the fixes above should fix the hand replayer)

-2 Install Revo Uninstaller (free version).
Then reinstall HM1.
Then uninstall it in Revo.
Revo can remove every file, even the files in your system's registry.
(Revo is great, is you ever want to uninstall PostgreSQL)

Donkerque
06-01-2014, 03:01 PM
W7, windows firewall, Avast free.

I installed Revo free edition, updated HEM1 to the latest version (although this is the version I already had), but nothing happens. Revo simply doesn't recognize it (same as Add/remove programs, no entry for HEM).

I have .NET 4.5.1. If I turn the firewall off and set the run as admin privileges, nothing happens. The replayer doesn't work and Windows doesn't recognize HEM1 is installed. No folder is made in All programs.

What is going on?

Patvs
06-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Install HM1 to a different folder. For example: C:/Poker/HoldemManager

Donkerque
06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
I did. Nothing changed. I can run HEM, but uninstallers don't recognize it.

netsrak
06-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Are you using the full installer or only the update installer?
You need to install the full version first.