PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Question

PokerCEO
12-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I grind from at least three different systems (home desktop, office desktop, laptop). My PostgreSQL is running on a server that is available either directly or via VPN. With PT2 I had to run the application on the server, control it via Remote Desktop, and set it up to grab hand histories via network shares on my various systems. This worked fine for the most part except that I could never use a HUD.

I've been evaluating HEM on my systems and I like the performance and options much better than PT2. I'd also like to start using the HUD from time to time which means I need to be running it locally (and therefore accessing my PostgreSQL server over the network). It would also be nice to not have to maintain a Remote Desktop connection to my server just to look up stats.

Do I need to license three instances of the software if I want it installed on all three of my systems? If so, that's fine...it's still a small price to pay overall. It would just be nice to have the license tied to the central database somehow...and have my user preferences stored there as well (wish list item?) so that I can change a preference on one system and have it automatically be changed on the others.

Thanks in advance...

Al1
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

But I can already say to you that when you buy one HM, you can use it on 2 computers.

Rvg72
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi, you need 1 license per 2 computers that the Holdem Manager program is running on. You could install a trial on the server so it sets up the DB and then use 1 license to run the 2 pc's that will be connecting to it

Roy

PokerCEO
12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Right now I have the trial installed on four systems (server, home desktop, office desktop, laptop). I supposed I could live without it on the server or my laptop...or just get two licenses.

Is there an easy way to "sync" my preferences/settings between systems such as manually distributing a copy of a configuration file or two?

Al1
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Right now I have the trial installed on four systems (server, home desktop, office desktop, laptop). I supposed I could live without it on the server or my laptop...or just get two licenses.

Is there an easy way to "sync" my preferences/settings between systems such as manually distributing a copy of a configuration file or two?

I you copy the "Config" directory present in RVG Software\Holdem Manager directory and paste it in your other computers (remove the other Config before), you will have your HMs identically configured.