PDA

View Full Version : Discrepancy between "vs Player" and "Graphs" tab

Pillars
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey,

First, many thanks for adding the "vs Player" filter to the list of possible filters on the Graphs tab.

I've noticed [what I believe to be] some discrepancies, however, between the "vs Player" tab and the graphs created inside the "Graphs" tab when using a "vs Player" filter.

For instance, let's say I use the "vs Player" tab to see how much I'm up against a specific opponent over the course of the past month. Let's say that number is $1000.

If I then attempt to create a graph of my winnings against that player in the "Graphs" tab [by using the new "vs Player" filter] I'll often get a number entirely different from the $1000 figure which appeared in the "vs Player" tab. Sometimes the number is off dramatically.

These numbers *should* match, yes? [Assuming I'm looking at hands over the same time table and at the same limits, etc, etc.]

Al1
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

morny
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM
When your using the filter what have you set for "Only Include hands where you won or lost at least "x" $ vs players?

Pillars
12-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I have it set at the default value of 0.

Another [potential] bug I just noticed when messing around with that value just now, though:

If I change the value to anything above 0 the graph changes dramatically...however, I tried inputting a multitude of values between $1 and $350 and the graph didn't change AT ALL [even though I won and lost many many pots between $1 and $350 against this player.]

Pillars
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Any thoughts on this?

As far as I can tell either there's either something wrong with the "vs Player" tab or the "vs Player" filter in the Graph tab [or both, but that seems unlikely.]

I've put an hour or so into trying to isolate different variables and trying different configurations to figure out what's going on but I haven't made much progress. As it stands, the "vs Player" filter seems useless.

Rvg72
12-19-2008, 09:32 PM
The vs player tab will only show $ won or lost directly against that player while the "vs player" filter shows any hand you played against the player.

The vs player $won/lost property had a bug in earlier versions. Are you running 1.07?

Roy

Pillars
12-20-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm running 1.07, yes.
Based on your comments, the 'issue' I'm describing might not be an issue at all. I expected the two tabs to match...but you're telling me that they're actually tracking different things.

My main interest is this:

1.) Determine how much I'm up or down against a certain player over a certain stretch of time.
2.) Determine how much I "should" be up or down against that player once you factor in the EV differences.

Looking at it again, I might be able to get this data from the "vs Player" tab alone: Select a certain opponent, set "min BB's won or lost" = 0, and then compare the "$" field to the "EV $ Diff" field? That should get me the data I'm interested in, yes?

morny
12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah that should do although multiway pots might mess things up when it comes to multiway calculations