PDA

View Full Version : how to correct hand histories?

Self Made
12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
How do you correct hand histories?

Some of my hands have the wrong screenname for me. I saw that the HUD was calling me "5" (perhaps my seat number). Maybe a Bodog Hand Grabber error, though I've never seen it before. Sure enough, HM has some hands for a player "5."

How do I export, delete, edit, and reimport them?

Also, I tried using an alias to just combine the two screennames. I can't figure out how to use aliases. All I can find in the FAQ is how to create one. How do you select one in Cash Games/ Reports or Sessions for example?

And is there somewhere in HM that you can just search for players by name?

Al1
12-11-2008, 08:26 AM
How do you correct hand histories?

Some of my hands have the wrong screenname for me. I saw that the HUD was calling me "5" (perhaps my seat number). Maybe a Bodog Hand Grabber error, though I've never seen it before. Sure enough, HM has some hands for a player "5."

I don't think editing all your HHs are a solution, it will take so much time. Can you attach your HHs with the issue here please.

How do I export, delete, edit, and reimport them?

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152

Also, I tried using an alias to just combine the two screennames. I can't figure out how to use aliases. All I can find in the FAQ is how to create one. How do you select one in Cash Games/ Reports or Sessions for example?

Just click the "Change" button (not the arrow) and search your alias.

And is there somewhere in HM that you can just search for players by name?

Same as before. You can also go to the Players tab.

Self Made
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think editing all your HHs are a solution, it will take so much time. Can you attach your HHs with the issue here please.

attached

Self Made
12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I used to edit hand histories from PT2 semi-regularly. IIRC I just did search and replaces in the hand history files, so it wasn't that time consuming. A search and replace on "5," which is this case, might not be as simple however (though this is just 19 hands: I left the table pretty quickly when I saw it was recording me incorrectly).

I did see the purge feature, but it doesn't allow you to select by player/session. That's the way I used to do it in PT2. In PT2 a session was a table, which is exactly what I needed to edit. I added a suggestion for HM to add ability to delete by session.

Al1
12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes, your grabber is making something wrong.

Creating alias seems to be a good solution for those hands. The FAQ helps you to create an alias?

You have to see what is the issue with the grabber too.

Self Made
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, your grabber is making something wrong.

Creating alias seems to be a good solution for those hands. The FAQ helps you to create an alias?

You have to see what is the issue with the grabber too.

Yes, I figured out aliases, thanks: change button not arrow.