PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems with synchronise and colours

mmmreece
05-17-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm using the beta for notecaddy 2.5. When I logged on to play on pokerstars this morning I had no colour coding so I spent some time recolouring all my notes only for them to come up with strange colours. So I finished the games I was playing and went back and recoloured all my notes through the notecaddy option. I had the same strange colours that I was not expecting. I then looked at my colour definitions only to find that all the colours have changed and I have no idea why.

Also, part of my post game is to synchronise all my notes with stars however, this is no longer possible due to a Error 42P01. I've looked on the forums but this seems to ordinarily be a holdem manager 1 error.

I've only been using the notecaddy 2.5 for a few days but I'm loving the new features in it. Please don't tell me I'm going to have to do another fresh install.

sreticentv
05-18-2014, 08:32 AM
I think you may have updated HM2 and been auto downgraded back to the 2.4 stable version. In NoteCaddy click help->about NoteCaddy. If it says 2.4 then you have to go to the beta thread and get the newest installer http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/471062-notecaddy-2-5-beta-we-did-all-glory-love.html

If it does say 2.5 then you would have to reset notes as 2.5 uses a new database schema. If you haven't reset notes yet it's still using the old database which could cause some problems like this.

How to reset NoteCaddy notes - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-reset-NoteCaddy-notes.ashx)

mmmreece
05-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi. I've just reinstalled from the link you provided but I'm still getting the same error. To clarify, what I'm doing is.... 1) going to the notecaddy tab and running notecaddy from the notecaddy button. 2) going to the file drop down menu to synchronise. 3) selecting synchronize pokerstars notes.xml with database. 4) selecting NoteCaddy notes to Stars. and the error message coming up states ERROR:42p01: relation "notecaddy_data" does not exist.

From the notecaddy help menu it's telling me I have NoteCaddy version 2.5.03

sreticentv
05-19-2014, 06:24 AM
I will have to look into this. It may be a problem with the beta

mmmreece
05-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Thanks. Just one more thing that I think I should mention though which occurred to me after the last post I made. I recently installed Windows 7 and had trouble locating where the pokerstars notes file was kept. I found the answer to this in a different post but wondered if this location had changed since before I changed my installation to the beta notecaddy 2.5. The current location I have for it is C:\Users\WIN7\AppData\Local\PokerStars\notes.mmmre ece.xml. My thinking on this was if this isn't the location then that may explain why it's putting up the error about not being found. I hope this is some help. I'm just trying to avoid doing a complete reinstall as I have a million plus hands to reimport if this is the case and it tends to take a long time to do this.

sreticentv
05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't imagine you need to reinstall. It may be that the new version of pokerstars (desktop 7 I believe) is saving to a new location. I have to look into it and change NC's auto detect to look there. Can you tell me which pokerstars version you are using? Click help->about pokerstars in the menu and it will tell you

mmmreece
05-19-2014, 05:20 PM
It's pokerstars 6 build 8049. I think it updated around the time I started having problems. I can no longer change the colours within pokerstars on this machine anymore although it's still available on my XP machine. Strange!