PDA

View Full Version : 2 computers, HM on both and USB drive

doudou86
12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi,
first of all, i'm not sur my english is good enough so i hope you'll understand my problem.
Well, i'll probably buy HM as soon as try period is over.
I have 2 computers and, of course, would like to use HM on both.
During this try period, i installed postgresql on my msiwind and on an external HDD for my desktop computer (because this one has a FAT32 HDD). All works perfectly...
But now, i would like to SIMPLY use a usb flash drive (with postgresql installed on it) and just have to connect it on msiwind when playing on it, then on the desktop computer when playing on it... and of course database would be shared on the 2 computers...
Is it possible and how to do this ? I have read FAQ and "How do i setup holdem manager to share the 1 database between 2 computers?" but it would be nice if the only thing to do is connect an usb flash drive !
Thank you for your help.

Al1
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
It doesn't work with the FAQ?

morny
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes its possible to do it if your flash drive is big enough to hold the database, you follow the exact same FAQ as the flash drive is essentially an external hard drive

doudou86
12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Yes its possible to do it if your flash drive is big enough to hold the database, you follow the exact same FAQ as the flash drive is essentially an external hard drive

Ok, flash drive is a 8Go, i guess it's enough?
Does it mean i'll have to follow FAQ each time i change computer to play ??

Al1
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok, flash drive is a 8Go, i guess it's enough?
Does it mean i'll have to follow FAQ each time i change computer to play ??

After you have said to your 2 computer where the DB is stored (USB disk), you have nothing to do, just plug your USB.

Perhaps, it will be good to be sure that allways the same drive letter is assignated to your USB (ex: allways E:\). If you have plugged another USB key or something like that, it's possible the letter is stealed by this new drive. But it's more something related to Windows.

morny
12-10-2008, 02:15 PM
No just to set it up

doudou86
12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
ok, thank you, i'll try it!