PDA

View Full Version : HM cloud client mac ?

Dirkvanb
05-13-2014, 12:58 PM
where can i download the hmcloud client for mac ?

fozzy71
05-14-2014, 10:15 AM
It is in private alpha testing on stars only right now. There is no public download link available at this time.

bennymacca
10-23-2014, 06:48 AM
It is in private alpha testing on stars only right now. There is no public download link available at this time.

still in alpha testing? 5 months on...

fozzy71
10-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Our focus right now is on server side development of reports, filters and game type support that is platform independent and all the progress we are making will benefit all our users, both on Windows and OSX systems in the future.

azAAzin
10-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Hey

It would be great if you optimized HM Cloud with Retina support in the Mac version. Most Macs sold these days have Retina displays. Especially the HUD would look blurry without retina support, because of the small text.

Another question:
My HM2 database is close to 500.000 hands. Would HM Cloud support that many hands when it is finalized? And would it not take forever to upload so many hands to a database in the cloud?

fozzy71
10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Hey

It would be great if you optimized HM Cloud with Retina support in the Mac version. Most Macs sold these days have Retina displays. Especially the HUD would look blurry without retina support, because of the small text.

I will forward this to the developers for their consideration in the future. I think HM2 also has some issues on retina MACs. Can you post some full resolution screen shots for us to see as I am not sure if any of the testers/developers currently have a retina MAC for comparison.

Another question:
My HM2 database is close to 500.000 hands. Would HM Cloud support that many hands when it is finalized?

From one of our HM Cloud 'Vision (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/c/1234/vision)' FAQs - What happens to my HM Cloud hands after the Beta? (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/v/1234/what-happens-to-my-hm-cloud-hands-after-the-beta)

What will happen to my HM Cloud database Post-Beta?

Those who hold an HM2 license will continue to enjoy their 100,000 hand HM Cloud database FREE for at least 3 months.

Details on the plans and pricing after the extended FREE access has not been determined but will be released in the near future.

And would it not take forever to upload so many hands to a database in the cloud?

Zipping the file(s) will make them upload faster to our servers/importer but the upload speed depends on your internet speed. The import speed once they are uploaded averages between HM1 and HM2 import speeds so it shouldn't take too long to import but if a lot of other customers are manually importing at the same time your bulk import could be queued and not start right away once uploaded depending on how many others are uploading hands. The beauty of HM Cloud is that it uses 2 import channels (one for auto and one for manual) on our servers so even though you manually uploaded hands you can play live at the same time and the HUD will work regardless of whether the manual import hands are importing or queued.

azAAzin
10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I will forward this to the developers for their consideration in the future. I think HM2 also has some issues on retina MACs. Can you post some full resolution screen shots for us to see as I am not sure if any of the testers/developers currently have a retina MAC for comparison.

I have HM2 installed on windows, but it scales alot different than it does in Mac OS. Something not optimized for retina in Mac OS look blurry, where something not optimized for retina in windows look small. I have tried Pokertracker 4 on mac, and even though the software is optimized for retina, the HUD/pop-up looks blurry, because that part is not optimized. So if you optimize your Mac version to retina make sure it also includes HUD/pop-up.

From one of our HM Cloud 'Vision (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/c/1234/vision)' FAQs - What happens to my HM Cloud hands after the Beta? (http://www.proprofs.com/knowledgebase/v/1234/what-happens-to-my-hm-cloud-hands-after-the-beta)

Okay thanks. It looks like you have alot of unanswered questions :) Make sure it supports a lot of hands though. I know people with millions of hands in their database.

Zipping the file(s) will make them upload faster to our servers/importer but the upload speed depends on your internet speed. The import speed once they are uploaded averages between HM1 and HM2 import speeds so it shouldn't take too long to import but if a lot of other customers are manually importing at the same time your bulk import could be queued and not start right away once uploaded depending on how many others are uploading hands. The beauty of HM Cloud is that it uses 2 import channels (one for auto and one for manual) on our servers so even though you manually uploaded hands you can play live at the same time and the HUD will work regardless of whether the manual import hands are importing or queued.

What if I put all my bulk hands in the auto import folder? Would that not upload the hands instantly? (In theory). :)

azAAzin
10-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Regarding retina optimization for Mac the developers should just follow apples instructions. It really make a huge different in user experience. It would be stupid not to include retina optimization, when you are testing/developing the software from stratch anyway.

Link to apples guidelines:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/GraphicsAnimation/Conceptual/HighResolutionOSX/Introduction/Introduction.html

fozzy71
10-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I have HM2 installed on windows, but it scales alot different than it does in Mac OS. Something not optimized for retina in Mac OS look blurry, where something not optimized for retina in windows look small. I have tried Pokertracker 4 on mac, and even though the software is optimized for retina, the HUD/pop-up looks blurry, because that part is not optimized. So if you optimize your Mac version to retina make sure it also includes HUD/pop-up.

Thank you for this and the other info/link below, I have forwarded it all to the developers.

Okay thanks. It looks like you have alot of unanswered questions :) Make sure it supports a lot of hands though. I know people with millions of hands in their database.

Yes, it was left vague on purpose. There should be an option to make everyone happy so that they can have all of their hand histories they played in their HM Cloud database.

What if I put all my bulk hands in the auto import folder? Would that not upload the hands instantly? (In theory). :)

No. The import code is smart enough to realize this is a bulk import and use the manual import process instead of the auto import process but you are still governed by your upload speed of your ISP service so it is not going to speed anything up. The Dashboard > Import Hands tile should be used for all bulk imports. If you zip the file first it will speed up the process significantly as that generally compresses hand history files to 1/9 or 1/10 of their original size which means it uploads that much faster. It will not increase/decrease the import speed of the files once they are uploaded (as we zip loose files on the fly once uploaded before sending them to the parser) but it will dramatically speed up the upload process even if you have a high speed internet connection.

azAAzin
10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
I got a few more questions I hoped you would answer:

1) Do you have a timetable for when HM Cloud for Mac may be in beta and open to the public?

2) Do you have any indication on when HM Cloud for Windows is finalized? It's been quite some time in beta now. Just an estimate like 3 months or a year.

3) Will there be a maximum numbers of computers one can install HM Cloud on? You have two installations on HM2, but is that the same for HM Cloud? Or is it just unlimited?

4) Which kind of features will not make it in HM Cloud compared to HM2? I can't seem to find specifics other than vague definitions on your part :)

Thx for answering all my questions. You offer a nice support.

udbrky
10-30-2014, 10:35 PM
We do not have a timeframe for 1 or 2.

Let me clarify 3 and we will get back to you.

We have not finalized what will be available. It will be "HM Lite" so there will not be every feature and function available in HM2.

fozzy71
10-31-2014, 08:42 AM

3) Will there be a maximum numbers of computers one can install HM Cloud on? You have two installations on HM2, but is that the same for HM Cloud? Or is it just unlimited?

You can install the local client to any number of computers but you are only be able to login to one account at a time for obvious reason.