PDA

View Full Version : Crashing in rush

axiomatic
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Recently, the hud is crashing during rush at least once every 2000 hands.

Patvs
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Turn off OCR and turn off live tracking for Full Tilt. (hud options--> site options)

axiomatic
02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Turn off OCR and turn off live tracking for Full Tilt. (hud options--> site options)

Windows 7, Avira Antivir, no firewall.
Using latest beta. If I remember correctly, it started happening with recent betas.

All other settings have been as you listed. Not using any other scripts or software while playing.

Patvs
02-27-2011, 08:03 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off.

I would turn ON Windows Firewall, add the files as exceptions (and leave it on).
And turn off Windows User Account Control completely and reboot.

axiomatic
02-27-2011, 11:15 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off.

I would turn ON Windows Firewall, add the files as exceptions (and leave it on).
And turn off Windows User Account Control completely and reboot.

From November to the beginning of February, over 80k hands, the hud crashed 3 times. From Feb 13, the hud has crashed 12 times. My settings have always been the same. Windows firewall has always been on.

netsrak
02-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Which pokersite?
Which gametype?
Are you using live-tracking or prefetch?

axiomatic
03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
rush poker at fulltiltpoker dot net.
no limit holdem.
prefetch is on.

Sarek
03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
this: "fulltiltpoker dot net" means Playmoney?
if so - HM don't works with them, real money only
anf try to set prefetch OFF

axiomatic
03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
hi gaiz,

notice i have a registration date of 2009. i didnt just come out of the woods and started using hem last month. this is rush poker for real money. the hud works fine, but it just crashes randomly. i turned prefetch off, before my session. the hud crashed during my session.

maybe i could send in some logz, but i looked in the hem logs directory, and it doesn't look like there's anything of use in there. i guess it would lag too much if the hud produced logz.

Patvs
03-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Turn off OCR and turn off live tracking for Full Tilt (hud options--> site options)
Also add the main fulltiltpoker.exe file to your firewall exceptions list and add administrator privileges to it.

Which SQL version are you using?
Try updating it to the latest version from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
If you were using 8.4--> update it to 8.4.7
Create a new empty database, and reimport your hands.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html