PDA

View Full Version : Error - Connection Establishment Timeout

Donut
12-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi,

While Holdem Manager was running perfectly and importing I went to the Tourney tab and clicked refresh. I got the following error message "The following error occurred while trying to connect to the database: Connection establishment timeout. Increase timout value in connection string."

I clicked ok and then a DB Control Panel window came up and it said "Holdem Manager has determined that you are running Microsoft Vista. In order to have Holdem Manager run well you should disable User Account Control in your control panel - Users section. This is needed to properly install postgre."

(User Access Control is already disabled and was disabled upon install of postgre.)

I clicked ok and then a box came up to connect to the postgre database with my passowrd and whatnot already entered in. I click ok to connect and it tells me Holdem Manager is already running, even when it isn't. When I restart my computer everything works fine again, until I hit refresh on the tourney tab.

Donut

morny
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
This is usually something like a firewall/antivirus interferring, please follow this FAQ exactly http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171

Donut
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
This is usually something like a firewall/antivirus interferring, please follow this FAQ exactly http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171

Well I did all that when I installed HM. I then reinstalled my antivirus after a few days of normal working, they are necessary to have. It's not an option not to have an antivirus. I have ESET. It was working fine for several days with the antivirus re-installed and now this.

It still works fine except when I click refresh while on the Tourney Tab. Even then it doesn't always do that. Sometimes it just refreshes normally.

morny
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah the problem often occurs after a vista update for some reason so although it might work fine now after the update it wont, happens to me too and following the guide exactly fixes it, if it keeps coming back consider changing your antivirus but i would certainly reinstall your antivirus/firewall as i do mention in the FAQ

After you get it running you can then reinstall your antiviruses/firewalls however if they continue to cause issues it may be adviseable to consider an alternative one.

What i find alot is that it dosent work when you only do some of that FAQ but almost always works when you do it all exactly and saves you having to repeat it

Donut
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah the problem often occurs after a vista update for some reason so although it might work fine now after the update it wont, happens to me too and following the guide exactly fixes it, if it keeps coming back consider changing your antivirus but i would certainly reinstall your antivirus/firewall as i do mention in the FAQ

What i find alot is that it dosent work when you only do some of that FAQ but almost always works when you do it all exactly and saves you having to repeat it

Ok, I'll go through it again. For now I'll just let it run and won't refresh and see how that goes. As long as the HUD is running and updating I don't need to know my own stats till the end anyway. Thanks.