PDA

View Full Version : Error with sessions refreshing when autoimport

Joshbk1981
02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi.

When autoimport is up the sessions tab does not refresh, and when clicking refresh, it hangs and i get the following error message;

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application, increase the Timeout value in connectionstring. If you were executing a command, increase the command timeout value in Connection string or in you Npgsqlcommand object."

I have no idea what this means.... If auto import is stopped, the sessions tab refreshes instantly.

I have everything in the expanded notes section of the error message saved if that is required.

netsrak
02-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a invalid auto-import configuration.
The auto-import should only read the handhistory folders of the pokerclients and those folders should be empty except current hands.
The archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) must not be in the same folder structure and should not be read by the auto-import.

If you can't figure it out please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extensions turned off.

lkingnyc
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I have a similar problem since updating to 1.11.06a. When I refresh the graphs page I get the same error as the user above.

The folder where my HH's are imported from contains files from current tables only.

Patvs
03-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder

lkingnyc
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
using XP no firewall or Virus software ...

Patvs
03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Which SQL version are you using?
Try creating a new empty database and reimport your hands.

lkingnyc
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
it appears to be version 8.3 ... should I be on 8.4 ???

Patvs
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
As a test, install SQL 8.4 (or 9.0.3) to port 5433 and connect to that instead--> PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

lkingnyc
03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
As a test, install SQL 8.4 (or 9.0.3) to port 5433 and connect to that instead--> PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

OK I see that 8.4 has big changes in the way it deals with the databases so I have to export and re-import the database .... not to mention my database is on an external drive ... what a PITA this will be ...

Any shortcuts or simple guides you can offer for this process would be appreciated.

Patvs
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
You can't export a SQL 8.3 database--> and restore it into 8.4 (there's not compatible with each other)

You can try to restore it into a SQL 9.0 database. (in pgadminIII)
But savest would be to just create a new database and reimport all the original handhistories from your archive folder.

lkingnyc
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
OK fair enough then which version should I bet using 8.4 or 9 ???

Which will set me up for the least amount of issues in the future ???

Patvs
03-04-2011, 07:23 PM
8.4 is what's officially supported.

Meaning... you can't use the backup & restore utility / optimization tool in HoldemManager if you use 9.0

However I still use 9.0.3 myself. (and just use pgadminIII to backup/restore/vacuum) the database.

9.0 is definitely NOT faster. But it seems more stable.

lkingnyc
03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I have installed Postgres9 ..... during the install I directed the data to be stored on my external drive. I hope this was the best way to do this ( as opposed to the moving of the database later)

I then created a database in the pgAdmin

wasn't sure how to I redirect HM to this new database

If I use the database control panel, redirect it to port 5433 I don't see the database I created in psadmin. So I just created the new database in the control panel. I assume using port 5433 and not 5432 means I am now in 9 and not in 8.3.

I can now re-import from the HMarchive

netsrak
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
yep, you need to change the Port in the HM database management to access the new postgresql server.

lkingnyc
03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
OK .... installed 9. setup new database .... imported a ton of hands ...

still getting the same errors I was before

WTF ??????

Patvs
03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Is your Windows XP updated to Service Pack 3?
Also run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates and .net framework updates.

Add port 5432/5433, holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, postgres.exe to the Windows Firewall exceptions list (even if the firewall is turned off)

lkingnyc
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I have completely all of the above and actually have the error occurring more often ....

However I'm not 100% sure i have added the ports to the firewall exception list. when I try to add ports with the application it tells me it's already there.

Patvs
03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Edit your postgresql.conf file, and turn off logging.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

lkingnyc
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
LOL great so I do EXACTLY what you recommended and now holdem manager cannot connect to postgres .... I'm getting the can't connect to 127.0.0.1 error

This started out as a minor annoyance, and now prevents me from using the program not to mention the time I have spend so far just to make the problem worse.

SO WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND NEXT ?????

Patvs
03-27-2011, 07:39 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely