PDA

View Full Version : Exception thrown in destructor

EnjoyLife
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
If I start playing after I haven't played since yesterday, but have left Holdem Manager open, after my first hand was played on the table and Holdem Manager goes to populate the Hud (in tournament play) I get this error message.

http://www.huelsmans.com/images/blog/error.jpg

If I hit OK, I cannot do ANYTHING in pokerstars. I have to make sure there isn't a hand I'm going to play, then hit OK. Then CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close down, I think it was called, HMHUD.EXE (or something similar.)

I am running on XP Pro & 1.07.00.

Al1
12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

morny
12-09-2008, 05:31 PM
This is an old bug that rarely happens in these version but ill let mike know because that description may be very helpful

EnjoyLife
12-09-2008, 11:47 PM
don't let it hold up the tournament portion of the program though :D

It's a minor annoyance, since I know it's going to lock up the screen until I CTRL ALT DELETE it. I can time when to shut down HEM. If there is anything that you need from me to help diagnose this problem, let me know.

p.s. Tournament first :)

Keytion
12-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I get this same error message. Usually it happens after HEM has been open for several hours. It does seem to happen daily.

Once I get the "Exception thrown in destructor (f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\filecor e.cpp:111) error and hit "OK", I get this message:

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr263/keytion/posprefs.jpg

Then I have to restart HEM to get the hud working and this message appears:

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr263/keytion/couldntload.jpg

Then I have to reposition my HUD panels as they are out of whack.

I did turn on the logging feature a couple of days ago. If those files would be of help, please let me know. BTW, I am on XP and using v1.07.01. The hud says 1.6.4rc11.

morny
12-13-2008, 10:35 PM
While were looking into this if you can click on table manager and click File > save positions then when this happens you can click on Table Manager again and choose File > Restore positions to restore your hud settings.

TCfree
12-16-2008, 02:12 AM
I ran into this issue for the first time today as well. Windows XP, hold'em manager 1.07, table manager 1.6.4rc10. I turned my computer on after a long standby (many hours), started up HEM (it was not open before the standby) and Pokerstars. I started up the auto import and was opening and closing 6-max cash game tables when, after the 3rd table I opened, I received the same error message as the others. "Exception thrown in destructor (f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\filecor e.cpp:111) ..."

After pressing OK, I didn't notice any issues until I tried opening up another stars 6-max table. Brief moment of instability (table manager and stars both froze up) and then I saw the same error message again.

Pressed OK, closed the stars table and tried opening another table, instability again and then after a long wait period the same message appears again.

I attempted to exit the table manager at this point with the X button in the upper right but my computer became unstable and after a long wait I got a different error. "posprefs.txt error 2 /n Try to rewrite?"

I pressed no and the table manager finally closed.

When I restarted HEM and pressed auto import I got the same problem Keytion reported, "Couldn't load config\PosPref.txt ..."

After repositioning everything, I was able to play again like normal.

I've tried to reproduce the bug but I can't figure out what triggered it. I tried opening up all the programs I had going before, going into to standby, and then immediately opening up HEM and stars, running auto-import, and browsing through some games just like I had done at the time of the error, but no dice there. I thought the issue might be related to standby so I various combos of running auto import + standby, just HEM open + standby, HEM + combos of programs I had open (MPC player, firefox, notepad, windows explorer, ahk script) but still no dice.

Common thread in reports from others (i.e. Keytion and EnjoyLife in this thread and many others who posted about the issue - search forum for keyword destructor) looks like HEM was open for a long time when the error struck. For me, I'd been in standby for practically the whole day and my computer had been on for a long time before that also, but I don't believe I'd run HEM for almost 24 hours before the error occurred.

Seems like a pretty difficult bug to track down.

I'll post again if the problem resurfaces.

j0hndayt0n
12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
this happned to be and my friend within the last week, ive tried closing and reopening and the error keeps coming up, except when i hit "OK" nothing happens and the error pops up again in ~10 mins. I feel blind playing thesse six max sngs please help!

behhh04
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
any updates? this just happened to me and is causing a fair bit of annoyance :(

Mike chops
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
You guys have the latest beta? I know at least one person who found the problems had gone away.

chim17
03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
You guys have the latest beta? I know at least one person who found the problems had gone away.

I still run into this problem fairly regularly with the latest beta fwiw.

I have to realign my HUD every few days.

chim17
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
This keeps happening. Is there at least a temporary fix? I have the beta. Having to realign my hud every other time I play is making this unusable.

morny
03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Escalated to Mike, hell respond here asap

Mike chops
03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Please send me log files from the latest beta. I dodn't have any yet.

chim17
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Got the problem again.

Log file sent.

Gonna go back to PT3 until there is something figured out since I really don't want to keep resetting HUD layout.

chim17
03-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Any news?

This just happened again.. in the middle of the session this time.

Then program critical errored and HmHud shut down.

Mike chops
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry for the problems. I have attached a new version of the HUD with more logging to help me find the problem. Please extract this version of the hud into the holdem manager folder, replacing the hmhud.exe file already there. I'd like to get the log.txt file from the logs folder if you have any problems.

chim17
03-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Sorry for the problems. I have attached a new version of the HUD with more logging to help me find the problem. Please extract this version of the hud into the holdem manager folder, replacing the hmhud.exe file already there. I'd like to get the log.txt file from the logs folder if you have any problems.

Extracted.. do I need to do anything else as far as logging goes or just send you the file when/if it happens?

morny
03-26-2009, 04:51 AM
No just make sure logging is ticked in Hud Options > Table Preferences and when you get the error send the log file before restarting HM

chim17
03-28-2009, 02:03 PM
New log file sent.

Happened this morning.

chim17
03-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Says Mike's mailbox is full so couldn't send it.

v9000
03-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Same problem over here (for 5 consecutive days now)

Start playing on Stars -> error when opening tables
-> close HEM, restart HEM, put all the HUDstats back where they belong, save positions again,...
-> everything works fine for the remainder of the session

Repeat every time I open Stars. Kinda annoying.

Hope this problem will be fixed soon.

morny
03-29-2009, 11:11 AM
which email did you try? Try uploading the file to www.yousendit.com and email mike the link

cheesedawg
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
This happens to me every single day. I stop playing and open up a table and my whole computer goes very slow then that error comes up.

I also get the could not load postprefs message every time I ctrl-alt-del shut down HMHud and reopen it. I have to reposition the stats every single time I play.

chim17
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
which email did you try? Try uploading the file to www.yousendit.com and email mike the link

Done.

EnjoyLife
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
I find that I do not get the error if I close HEM after I am finished playing poker and then start it back up when I want to play poker.

If I leave it open after I play poker and then start playing later on, sometimes it errors out, and other times it doesn't.

If I leave it open after I play poker and then close it before starting up a new session, sometimes it errors out, and other times it doesn't.

I hope that this information helps out. Again, it's becoming a non-issue since I usually close out HEM after I am finished playing now.

v9000
04-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Any updates on how to fix this problem ?

chim17
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Was offline for a few weeks in a move.. happened again today.

Any word?

EnjoyLife
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I try to remember to shut down HEM when I'm finished using it for the day. If I do, I never have the problem. If I forget, sometimes I have the problem, other times I don't.