PDA

View Full Version : importing at 4h\s

Shloogy
12-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Import is taking forever at 4h\s ...

After upgrading to latest Holdem version, now importing is very very slow.

1.I have a new machine
2.I have used O&O pro defrag prior to import
3.I have used dataram
4.I have deleted ALL my database

When using pokertracker, importing at 120h\s

thanks in advance,

Al1
12-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Can you create a new DB and try to import in this one to see if it change something: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Shloogy
12-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I will do so.
But first, there is another issue that bothers me - I have purged ALL HH, but when played HM shows old stats as if I have never purged them!
why is that?

thanks in advance,

Shloogy
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
In addition:

After creating a new database I can confirm that importing is faster, not like it should though.

at 40h\s does not qualify as a fast import on a new defregmant machine, with a completely blanked and new database.
100h\s does.

[edit]
as of now import vary a bit, I will post final results.

Shloogy
12-10-2008, 02:07 AM
yes, 40h\s was indeed the max speed.
Waiting for your reply, thanks in advance,

Rvg72
12-10-2008, 03:59 AM
PT3 imported for you at 120h/s but was this a real speed? What I mean is that as far as I know there is a clustering that is required after import that can take longer than the import itself but of course that time is not included in the hands per second calculation.

Holdem Manager does a lot of things during the import include caching data for the hud, running EV calculations and storing much more information and it runs faster without the need for the cluster so it is hard to compare the 2.

That being said, 40 does seem low unless you are playing Full Ring or tourneys and we will be revisiting the import speeds in a future update. I've got some ideas that could really increase the speed but it will require rewriting quite a bit of the code that controls the import so it might be a few months before you see big improvements.

Roy