PDA

View Full Version : HEM Database's gone

sakutsuJ
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, i was having problem with my postgres. restarted pc, turned off firewall, nothing, then ive reinstalled my postgres. i havent uninstalled my previous version, just new copy of postgres. everything is fine now, just when i start HEM, my old databases are gone. How can i repair that? or does it mean that all my hands are gone?

netsrak
02-27-2011, 08:08 AM
During a new installation Postgresql creates a new database. But there should be a backup of your old database on your computer - its usually a data folder in the postgresql installation folder (something like c:\program files\8.x\data).

If you reinstall your current postgresql and try to install the same version as before you might be able to restore your old database following this FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database

Or you continue with the new database and reimport all your hands from the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) with the "import file" or "import from folder" functions.

sakutsuJ
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
In my C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3 folder there is a folder named "data", but its empty. In my new copy of postgres there is some files, but how can i use them? Your link is suggesting ways of getting back old db's when INSTALLING new copy, but ive already done that.

thank you for you answers, its so importat for me

Patvs
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
If your data folder is completely empty, either:
-the data folder was installed at a different location
The data folder should include several subfolders: base, pg_log and files like postgresql.conf. The base folder has your actual database.
Try doing a FILE SEACH on your computer where the postgresql.conf file is located and you should find your old data folder.

Or.. you were using a different SQL version before, so there is an additional /8.4 folder which has your database?